Talk

Advanced search

To think dp could put up with a bit of noise considering the rest of us do

(11 Posts)
likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 27-Mar-13 17:17:49

Hes taken himself off to the kitchen and put blaring music on because children are playing a game with batcaves and making sound effects. he does this alot, when the boys are playing a game on the wii he complains that they make silly sound effects and makes them turn it off ect. it is becoming a constant thing. I dont let them go overboard or screech and shout but i dont think them making a noise whilst playing is particularly a problem and hes really starting to piss me off putting his tunes on full volume and staying out of the room. Hes not tired, has got no reason to be such a misery really especially when part of the reason the kids are loud is because hes got music blaring?!

HollyBerryBush Wed 27-Mar-13 17:19:33

Some people tolerate noise, some don't. I cant stand noise, but DH is utterly oblivious.

HeySoulSister Wed 27-Mar-13 17:20:11

Children should be seen and not heard!!

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 27-Mar-13 17:22:55

haha i laughed at that soulsister with the three of them in a small house its not likely. they arent overly loud kids to be honest its like he expects total quiet. i do pull them up for silly noises but a little bit of children having a fun time surely cant be that bad for him

SquinkieBunnies Wed 27-Mar-13 17:29:34

My kids weren't overly loud, friends used to comment that our house was very quiet and calm. Yet Dh had a problem with noises, only certain pitches it seems, he has slight hearing loss, but some sounds can cause him actual pain in his head/ears, so he would take himself off to somewhere quiet or have the kids play outside, I thought he was being an Ass about it till we found he did have some problems with his ears. Now I don't let him wandering off to the bedroom or garage bother me. He doesn't make a scene about it either.

thezebrawearspurple Wed 27-Mar-13 17:29:35

yabu, not everyone can tolerate noise. It would drive me nuts to have to listen to that for too long.

Sirzy Wed 27-Mar-13 17:29:57

Sound effects on games drive me mad!

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 27-Mar-13 17:43:01

I suppose i am generally pretty tolerant of noise. i wonder if he does have something wrong with his ears. he always has things very loud and will often say he hasnt heard what one of us is saying. interesting.

BramshawHill Wed 27-Mar-13 17:44:07

Surely if he's really bothered by noise, he'd go do something quiet, not just make a different kind of loud noise. If he hates the sound of kids playing, tell him to go out somewhere rather than blare music. Must not be nice for kids to know their dad can't stand to listen to them

BramshawHill Wed 27-Mar-13 17:44:09

Surely if he's really bothered by noise, he'd go do something quiet, not just make a different kind of loud noise. If he hates the sound of kids playing, tell him to go out somewhere rather than blare music. Must not be nice for kids to know their dad can't stand to listen to them

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 27-Mar-13 17:46:05

thats what i think, it makes no sense to me to clear out of a room because the noise is annoying you to then go and put music on full blast... i wonder if it is something to do with the pitch, the kids are quite squeaky and high pitched.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now