Talk

Advanced search

To be angry with my postman for ringing the doorbell!

(16 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 15:25:46

Whenever the postman needs me to open the door he rings ding-ding, ding-dong. Two rings in quick succession. Quite often he will see me in the lounge first and then he'll still do two rings twice! He'll see me wave so I know, he'll watch me stand up and he'll still ding-dong ding-dong on the door. It's so irritating.

Normally happens while my toddler is asleep, but I just don't understand it-it drives me mad!

Dannilion Wed 27-Mar-13 15:27:56

There are starving children in Africa who don't have doorbells. Won't someone think of the CHILDREN?????

Seriously though, if it's bothering you then tell them. Or put a sign on the door.

TheChimpParadox Wed 27-Mar-13 15:33:52

Disconnect the doorbell ! Put a sign up !

What do have delivered so often that cannot be out through the letter box that the postman has to constantly ring your bell ?

2 rings on the bell rather than 1.....I really don't know what this world is coming to.

There is no hope for our poor children.

Youcanringmybell Wed 27-Mar-13 15:36:39

The postman always rings twice.........

Annoying though i agree.

NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 15:37:34

It doesn't really happen that often, but every time I do he does it. I also take deliveries for neighbours when needed.

I have asked twice at least that he doesn't need to ring the doorbell twice like that, especially when I saw him first!

ChippingInIsEggceptional Wed 27-Mar-13 15:37:44

Seems particularly stupid if he's already seen you walking towards the door. Just ask him not to as the baby is sleeping - but you shouldn't need to!

NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 15:38:18

Youcanringmybell did you name change for this?!

totallystumped Wed 27-Mar-13 15:39:34

So Notea The Postman Always... ?

NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 15:39:54

Chipping finally, thankyou for agreeing with me!

Obviously I know it's not the end of the world or as bad as starving children, I didn't realise AIBU had to be so serious.

NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 15:40:45

Totally I'm afraid Youcanringmybell got there first!

TheChimpParadox Wed 27-Mar-13 15:51:03

Perhaps the postman has a 'thing' for you ? wink

totallystumped Wed 27-Mar-13 15:57:36

Yep, must think/type quicker next time.

NoTeaForMe Wed 27-Mar-13 16:14:36

Well he's going about it all the wrong way Chimp !

NatashaBee Wed 27-Mar-13 16:29:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sizzlesthedog Wed 27-Mar-13 16:30:36

My postie does the two rings. I know it's him. I like it.

<needs to get a life >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now