Talk

Advanced search

to give 19mo semi skimmed milk for 2days?

(9 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 27-Mar-13 14:35:10

We are going on holiday so I'm trying to run down the perishable items. I'm very low on full fat milk (enough for bedtime mill tonight) but I have loads of semi skimmed. Would it be harmful if DD had that for a day and a half? She's still have cheeses and yoghurts a usual.

I don't want to waste the milk but also obviously don't want to put dd's health at risk. She's 19mo and a good eater.

wannabeEostregoddess Wed 27-Mar-13 14:35:53

It wont be harmful at all.

Emilythornesbff Wed 27-Mar-13 14:36:24

Abso
Utterly fine.

WandaDoff Wed 27-Mar-13 14:37:27

It'll be fine smile

PrincessScrumpy Wed 27-Mar-13 14:43:17

Fab that's what I figured just suddenly thought there might be some reason I didn't know about. Thank you

NynaevesSister Wed 27-Mar-13 14:45:18

Semi skimmed had same level of calcium, just less fat. I looked into it when my son wouldn't drink full fat, only semi.

Also you can freeze milk.

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Wed 27-Mar-13 14:45:50

Her bones will not turn to play doh in 2 days, - but she might notice the difference, DS2 asked me why I'd added water to his milk when I tried to pass off semi-skimmed on to him. blush

bedmonster Wed 27-Mar-13 14:48:56

She'll be fine. Not enough something or other (calcium? calories? fats?) to healthily sustain over a long period of time, but absolutely fine as a short term fix.

Emilythornesbff Wed 27-Mar-13 14:54:03

It's a vitamin D issue.
Enjoy your holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now