Talk

Advanced search

to worry about this?

(6 Posts)
thisonesfree Wed 27-Mar-13 12:23:00

My 18 month old fell onto a tiled floor headfirst from a height of about 4ft exactly two weeks ago. Went to hospital and they said she was fine but just a bit concussed. Bruising and everything have all gone and she seems absolutely fine. What is worrying me though is that in certain lights and from certain angles I can see a flat patch about the size of a 50 pence piece. It is exactly the spot where her forehead hit the floor. Should I be worried? (I am going to take her to the doctor's but cannot do this until after the Easter break). Just wondered if anyone else's child had had this after a fall and if you sought medical attention what were you advised?

Many thanks!

DeepPurple Wed 27-Mar-13 12:26:41

A child's skull is really quite soft so it isn't surprising that the fall left a dent. It should pop back out itself in time but take her to see your GP for reassurance.

thisonesfree Wed 27-Mar-13 12:30:48

Thanks for your reply DeepPurple. I just want to know that it's not something that needs something doing to it and that it will get better on it's own. So your information does provide some reassurance. They didn't do an X-ray at the time and I did wander about damage to the skull because she landed with a heck of a clunk. Definately checking with GP once they reopen after Easter break (I can go to see another Practice in the meantime but want to see own GP). She is absolutely fine in herself so no rush I guess.

Scholes34 Wed 27-Mar-13 13:27:55

Tripped and dropped DS2 when he was about one year old and he fractured his skull. The hospital just monitored him overnight and said he would mend much quicker than the cut on my chin would. He did, and I still have a scar on my chin.

The only consequence of dropping him is that DS2 is a little eccentric.

MansView Wed 27-Mar-13 15:14:34

go back without fail - ime - docs and hospitals will fob you off at the earliest opportunity and you need to keep chasing them up

thisonesfree Thu 28-Mar-13 13:43:06

Thanks you Scholes34 and Mansview. Will definately be checking with my GP after the Easter break. I'm sure she's fine but I need to put my mind at rest just in case...

Enjoy the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now