Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To even think this......

(6 Posts)
Spice17 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:17:09

DM and Stepdad had DD on Sat night for us (she's 5 months old) Mum mentioned that she was a bit grizzly Sat night and a bit quiet Sun, just not herself at all and when she came back it was obvious to me and DH that she wasn't well at all, could hardly stay awake and very hot etc.

I felt really worried and took her to docs that afternoon, turns out she has a viral infection, nothing that can be done apart from Nurofen etc. She's a bit better now but still quiet and not her old smiley self (which make me feel really sad)

This is where I may be going a bit mad being unreasonable. Stepdad has a daughter, mid 20's, history of compulsive lying and odd behaviour. Two examples of this: she told DM and stepdad that she saw a child knocked over and killed outside the nursery where she worked (not true) and told her Dad that she'd given him a present and card on Xmas day when she definitely hadn't (as we were all there and of course he would remember and find an actual present!) Lots of other stuff too.

Anyway, she turned up at DMs Sat eve and changed DD's nappy as DM was running around getting bottles ready etc, not sure if DM or Stepdad in room but presumably there for some of it (as done in lounge) She's shown NO interest in DD before at all.

I've found myself thinking all sorts, not neccessarily abuse sad so what, I don't know, maybe that she upset or hurt DD in some way. Writing it down makes me feel like a pfb freak but I can't shake it off.

She left her nursery job very quickly not long ago, citing redundancy, I'm even thinking of calling and checking up (know they won't tell me anything). If it was anything major, guess would have been in local press, but no one believes a word she says, not even her Dad or DB.

And it's not that I don't like her or am jealous or anything, mums only been with Stepdad a few years, so we didn't grow up together/have sibling rivalry.

I know I sound mad - but aren't people who display this sort of behaviour a bit, well unpredictable at best and at worst very troubled?

Sorry this is long, was in the shower this morning thinking of ways to suss her out, I feel sick. I should have NC, please don't flame, there's a lot to be said for gut instinct isn't there?

Cailinsalach Wed 27-Mar-13 11:23:56

Yes gut instinct is a powerful tool if you have suspicions of a person or situation.
However, if your baby has a viral infection, I don't believe your SS could deliberately infect her unless she is a very hi-tec virologist (presuming she didn't just cough or sneeze in her face?)
I think maybe your are being a little pfb. But, be wary of this person as you are picking up some sort of weird vibe from her.

fluffyraggies Wed 27-Mar-13 11:25:36

Sorry to hear DD is poorly.
I would ask yourself clearly what you think this woman might have done to your baby.
If the GP said viral infection then surely that's what it is?

Sorry - not much help, but you sound very stressed and worried.

KoalaFace Wed 27-Mar-13 11:25:53

I'm not going to call you OTT because yes there is a lot to be said for gut instinct.

But in this particular case is does just sound like a viral infection since she has seen a Dr.

But if you have a gut instinct about her, don't allow her to be left alone with your dd. I know it wasn't up to you when it happened but could you explain to your mum you get a funny feeling?

It's probably nothing but I'd never go against my gut when it came to my kids.

fluffyraggies Wed 27-Mar-13 11:27:50

Am i right in thinking a viral infection typically takes 5/7 days from exposure to start of symptoms?
(in case you were thinking she deliberately shared germs)

Willow36 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:29:58

It's a viral infection, the doctor said so.
There is nothing to really suggest she has done anything to your DD is there?

If you don't want her around your DD that is understandable but please don't worry yourself when you have nothing but a gut instinct to suggest she has abused/shaken/hurt your baby.

Big hugs for you as you sound very stressed xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now