Talk

Advanced search

Scootergate - was I being PFB or was she being bonkers?

(19 Posts)
tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:18:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScentedNappyHag Wed 27-Mar-13 09:20:57

Yep, the scooter thing is bonkers. I'm not sure if cut contact as such, but I definitely wouldn't be initiating plans and would probably be busy quite a lot grin

YouTheCat Wed 27-Mar-13 09:21:36

Don't leave her alone with your child. You don't sound like you know her too well anyway so why leave him with her?

tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:23:05

YouTheCat Wed 27-Mar-13 09:25:36

I'd never let a 2 year old out of sight and earshot.

MonaLotte Wed 27-Mar-13 09:28:23

She seems odd I would be wary. Your ds could have hurt himself because of her.

ChippingInIsEggceptional Wed 27-Mar-13 09:29:08

tangerine - you are right, she sounds barking and contact should be minimal to maintain a relationship with your old school friend -though I'd be meeting him alone as much as possible.

YouTheCat - you do have some strange interpretations of the facts on many threads.

YANBU!! My neighbour did this with my DS when he had a new bikee.

DS was about 7 and was at the top of our road where it is safe to sort of cycle round practicing.....my neighbour stood outside his house and was shouting to DS to come on, show him what he can do, how fast he can go etc etc........DS in a moment of madness cycled down towards him at a right old speed (down a slight slope too), went out of control and rode into his wall. Sounds funny now but believe me it wasn't at the time. I just knew it was going to happen but it was all so quick. Thank god DS had his helmet on.

I just said to the neighbour what a bloody stupid thing to say.

OP she doesnt sound like a danger but just be careful and keep an extra close eye on DS when she is about. She just sounds strange.

Thumbwitch Wed 27-Mar-13 09:31:19

Barking. I'm with your DH, tbh - or if you still want to see her, then make sure you never leave your 2yo alone with her, ever.

CloudsAndTrees Wed 27-Mar-13 09:33:19

I'd avoid contact with her, not because I think she is a danger to your child when you are there, but because you know her to be a bit odd and you know her to be a liar. Spending time with her doesn't make you feel good, so don't do it.

ParadiseChick Wed 27-Mar-13 09:35:11

Oh dear! I wouldn't know what to do. How odd!

tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:36:04

tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:37:13

YouTheCat Wed 27-Mar-13 09:38:26

I don't know what's strange about being able to see a 2 year old when in a park. confused I never let mine go that far away from me. Though I can see that as he was with another adult, you'd expect that he was safe.

tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:40:44

Longdistance Wed 27-Mar-13 09:42:40

She sounds like a psycho. I'd cut contact.

YouTheCat Wed 27-Mar-13 09:42:53

Well you clearly aren't comfortable with her so best avoided or limit contact.

tangerinefeathers Wed 27-Mar-13 09:49:56

badtasteflump Wed 27-Mar-13 09:54:38

She sounds a bit odd - which is enough reason to keep your distance and never leave her in charge of your DC IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now