Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To get annoyed with DH moaning about being tired every time he's away on business

(7 Posts)
daintree3 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:31:31

DH goes away with work for approximately one week every six weeks. Whilst he's away, he doesn't get up until 8 at the earliest each morning, as he stays very near the office. He gets to go on long lunchbreaks/business lunches, finishes work by 4pm, has his tea in restaurants, goes back to his hotel room, showers, watches what he wants on TV.

By contrast, I am at home dealing with work, 3 young children, housework, meals, bedtimes and all the other stuff.

Each time he phones home when he's away he talks in a voice like he's so exhausted and about to nod off at any minute, and moans during each phone call about how tired he is. It's starting to grate a bit. It's not a competition but it's hardly a walk in the park at home when he's away, and sometimes I'm tired too. He is in the UK when he travels, so no flying or extensively long journeys involved. And he doesn't complain of the tiredness at home, just when he's away.

AIBU to find it a tad irritating?

HollyBerryBush Tue 26-Mar-13 22:36:28

Intellectual exhaustions is just as wearing as physical.

daintree3 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:37:13

That's a bit of an assumption that I don't do an intellectual job....

littlemrssleepy Tue 26-Mar-13 22:37:15

No. That would drive me nuts. Even after a 13 hour flight to Bangkok I wasn't having of that from DH!!!!

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 26-Mar-13 22:37:30

YANBU.

daintree3 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:39:03

I understand that he's tired sometimes, as we all are, but each and every time he rings me when he's away, I can guarantee he will be doing that voice and will say how tired he is. I'm tired most days too; up at 6 with the toddler, day at work, housework, cooking, bedtimes, bathtimes, homework and all that jazz. I don't know why he does it

Casmama Tue 26-Mar-13 22:39:49

Have you told him how irritating it is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now