Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if they actually ever sell any of these?

(12 Posts)
COCKadoodledooo Tue 26-Mar-13 20:17:07

I was looking for a camel t shirt for ds2 and I came across this one. I mean, it's cool and everything, but five hundred quid?? shock

BadgersRetreat Tue 26-Mar-13 20:19:06

i'll take your five hundred quid shirt, and raise you a $100,000 one

now.msn.com/hermes-t-shirt-made-of-crocodile-is-selling-for-nearly-one-hundred-thousand-dollars

PickleSarnie Tue 26-Mar-13 20:20:01

Is it made by fairies out of hand spun angel hair?

Maat Tue 26-Mar-13 20:21:57

Is it not a misprint?

It looks like one sold for £6.99.

freerangeeggs Tue 26-Mar-13 20:22:00

YABU. The postage & packaging is free

DuchessofHaphazard Tue 26-Mar-13 20:22:58

Hahahahaha...have you read their disclaimer?

"We're a premium UK based company offering quality items at prices far cheaper than the high street."

Not sure which high street they're referring to...

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 26-Mar-13 20:25:40

Items that have sold rank higher in searches so it's a trick to keep the listing active when out of stock so as not to lose your position in search. They'll put the price back down when they have more stock. That's how it worked when I sold on ebay a few years ago so I'm just guessing that's what's happening there. Or maybe it's just a really optimistic seller who thinks camels are the next big thing.

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 26-Mar-13 20:26:04

Sorry to be boring grin

COCKadoodledooo Tue 26-Mar-13 20:27:54

Badgers shock Not only is it ludicrously priced, it's farking hideous! At least the overpriced camel is cute!

Freerange dh pointed out the same thing. Bloody ought to be an' all at that price grin

ShellyBoobs Tue 26-Mar-13 20:41:25

Will it not be the case that they've run out of stock but rather than incurr relisting fees from Ebay, they've just upped the price so no one tries to order?

ShellyBoobs Tue 26-Mar-13 20:42:30

Massive and very late cross-post with YouHeard.

blush grin

MoonlightandRoses Tue 26-Mar-13 20:44:44

At least the t-shirt will last more than an hour. Click on the 'order now' section to see what I mean. shock

I have seen some 'high-end' items in my time, but that really takes the proverbial! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now