Talk

Advanced search

to want a fanfare for my cousin Brian and his chickens?

(26 Posts)
Cailinsalach Tue 26-Mar-13 19:51:56

The chickens all have names, Betty, Gloria, Susie etc and have a fabulous homelife, foxfree and wellfed. They reward Cousin Brian with a lovely egg each nearly everyday. He gives me a dozen every week and I think he and his chickens are bloody marvellous.
Fanfare anyone?

eggsaplenty Tue 26-Mar-13 19:54:55

definetly

LorettaMasonPotts Tue 26-Mar-13 19:59:29

Well done Brian and chickens! [trumpet]

HildaOgden Tue 26-Mar-13 19:59:43

I have a cousin Brian,but he doesn't have chickens.

Your cousin Brian sounds far handier to know,kudos to him.

Although I think he should have called one of them Derek.

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Tue 26-Mar-13 20:01:02

I have chickens but no cousin Brian

catgirl1976 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:02:41

My DSil has chickens

I am envy as I would like some

I have an Uncle Brian, he used to keep chickens and geese, but never gave me any eggs, he doesn't deserve a fanfare grin

thecatneuterer Tue 26-Mar-13 20:07:14

Definitely. And especially so if they are rescue hens (ie from a battery farm). I really want some of those one day.

cocolepew Tue 26-Mar-13 20:08:06

<trumpet>
I have a friend, not called Brian, but she does have chickens and gives she me eggs <another trumpet>

Sailormercury Tue 26-Mar-13 20:09:18

You rock Brian! As do the his lovely lady chickens.

LetMeAtTheWine Tue 26-Mar-13 20:09:22

That depends, OP, how many chickens does he have and can you name them all?

OddBoots Tue 26-Mar-13 20:10:24

A big CONGRATULATION to Cailinsalach's cousin Brian!

Cailinsalach Tue 26-Mar-13 20:40:54

Hilda, all his chickens are girls. You can't call a girl Derek. (Or a cat Spider.....)
No I cant name them all but Brian can. He is an ace bloke, our Brian.

thereinmadnesslies Tue 26-Mar-13 20:42:00

I have chickens but my name is not Brian

jeanmiguelfangio Tue 26-Mar-13 20:42:15

Good work Brian, and your girls, and Gloria is a fantastic name for a chicken

HildaOgden Tue 26-Mar-13 21:30:36

If I get a cat,I'm soooo calling it Spider grin

If I had a chicken called Derek,it would make me laugh when I spoke to her but then I'm a bit simple like that

Primrose123 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:38:20

My Dad has chickens. They don't have names, but they are very well looked after. He lets them out every morning, feeds them, talks to them and puts them to bed every night before dark. We tease him that he reads them a bedtime story! He loves them like babies.

We get lots of lovely tasty free range eggs. grin

My Dad deserves a fanfare too (especially as he slipped while putting them to bed on the weekend and has a very sore back).sad

LetMeAtTheWine Tue 26-Mar-13 21:54:50

I see someone else has chickens but they don't have names, therefore, I agree that Brian deserves a fanfare.

I wanted to call our cat Derek but OH wouldn't agree to it because she is a girl cat. sadI think she wouldn't care she had a blokes name because it is such a good name, and she would be envied by the other neighbourhood cats.

doorbellringer Tue 26-Mar-13 21:55:10

primrose123 how does your dad put his chickens to bed? Surely not tucked under a duck down or goose feather quilt? That's just asking for trouble grin

OhDearieDearieMe Tue 26-Mar-13 21:56:20

I wish I knew a Brian. I'd pay handsomely for decent eggs from happy hens!

peppabacon Tue 26-Mar-13 21:57:32

I too really want a chicken named Gloria grin

Sounds eggs-cellent. (I'm sorry)

LorettaMasonPotts Sat 30-Mar-13 21:14:59

If I had a chicken I'd name her Camilla

Grockle Sat 30-Mar-13 21:30:12

Hurrah for Brian.

I don't have a Brian of my own but I do have chickens. Indeed, my Gloria (RIP) was lovely. Poor old Daisy has joined her in chook heaven, along with not-so-lucky Lucky, Doris, Dorothy & Chicky. Thankfully Eileen, Marjorie & Betty seem to be ok.

Grockle Sat 30-Mar-13 21:32:13

Primrose, your Dad certainly deserves a fanfare of his own. I have slipped in chicken poo & hurt my back. It's not very dignified and quite painful. I'd read my girls a bedtime story but come summer, I go to bed before they do. Dirty stop-outs.

b4bunnies Sat 30-Mar-13 21:32:19

well done, brian and his birds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now