Talk

Advanced search

to want this money back

(16 Posts)
cuteboots Tue 26-Mar-13 09:38:39

Ok so as my son is now off for easter I had a cinema voucher for £20 that I have to my childminder to see if she might be able to use this. She said she wont be able to as she has too many children this week. Went to take the voucher back off her kitchen cupbard and it fell down a gap at the back. She doesnt seem overly concerned and said"ahh you wont get that back now" but Im really pissed off as £20 is a lot of money for me to lose. What would you do ?

iwantavuvezela Tue 26-Mar-13 09:40:43

Can you get a thin stick or something, place a bit of blue tack on the end and see if you can wiggle it behind the kitchen cupboard and get it that way. Or else if you have the receipt for the voucher you could phone the cinema to see if they would re-place it for you?

cuteboots Tue 26-Mar-13 09:49:53

I dont think this will work as its behind the actual unit so you would have to pull this out / away from the wall ; 0 (

almostanotherday Tue 26-Mar-13 10:06:15

You can knock the back off from the inside but you will then have to glue it back on tricky but can be done.

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 26-Mar-13 10:09:53

You can't expect her to pay for it, as you're the one who dropped it. And if you can't access the space without damaging the unit, I'm afraid it's gone.

I hope you can get it!

montage Tue 26-Mar-13 10:23:44

I would try and see it as a voucher lost rather than 20 pound lost IYSWIM. Unless you bought the voucher. If she saw you drop it then her response seems fairly appropriate really. It isn't really her responsibility.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Tue 26-Mar-13 10:34:45

It is just one of those things. You can't reasonably expect the childminder to trash her kitchen retrieving it, sorry.

DontmindifIdo Tue 26-Mar-13 10:37:41

so you dropped it? Then your fault. Unless you can contact the cinema and say the voucher has been damaged, they might be able to replace the voucher...

cumfy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:16:25

YANBU to want your voucher back. smile

Solution is to not go to the pics and you will save loads more.

cumfy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:18:12

Vacuum cleaner (try underneath as well).

cumfy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:41:00

Broom handle and sellotape ?

Icelollycraving Tue 26-Mar-13 14:58:31

If she can't get it out,then Yabu to expect her to give you the money.

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 26-Mar-13 15:15:40

The OP hasn't been back to this thread, and I hope I'm not picking on her, but it seems that she feels the carer should reimburse her the money. That strikes me as wrong.

However, to feel unhappy about losing the money and wishing they could get the voucher back is not unreasonable at all.

Acandlelitshadow Tue 26-Mar-13 15:23:55

Was it a paid for gift voucher or something out of a magazine?

If a paid for voucher why were you offering it to her? Were you expecting her to give you the cash equivalent?

'Fused confused

Floggingmolly Tue 26-Mar-13 15:48:17

You were giving it to the childminder, not using it yourself, so why does it actually matter? Even if she retrieved it she's too busy to use it confused

Smuffy Tue 26-Mar-13 15:54:46

what would I do?

Big fat fuck all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now