Advanced search

To expect to be paid for the hours that I have worked

(11 Posts)
Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:35:32

After being made so ill by my job and the bullying bitch of a boss - i call today because no contract through for the work that i did do i wanated to check that i would be paid. Section manager says, oh yes i put your contract in but i dont nkow what it was - I suspect there will be an under payment. I phoned payroll and they have not received a contract angry

What can i do about this - i want to complain ab out the way i was treated

Lack of support to do the job
bullied by line manager when i asked for support
signed off sick but pursuaded to work more sessions as the line manager didn't have a clue what to do with assesments i had organised. So now i dont think they will pay me for those sessions as i was signed off, even though i never even got to hand the form from the doctor in.

I have no money - it would have only been about £200 but better than nothing

What can I do

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:48:08

anyone - feeling desperate?

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 22-Mar-13 11:49:25

Can you escalate your queries above your line manager? Contact your HR department and ske their advice.

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 22-Mar-13 11:49:34


Lucyellensmum95 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:53:17

Did that, they palmed me off to payroll then they palmed me off back to section manager - who is one over my line manager but equally as useless.

lljkk Fri 22-Mar-13 12:13:36

I'd pursue it for £200.
Don't think I'd complain, just campaign to get my money & look for a nicer employer.

ThreadPirateFanjoBeard Fri 22-Mar-13 13:39:04

I would write to them - email will do. State what has happened (just the facts): I did X many hours work for you. I have not been paid. I have spoken to payroll/section manager (etc) and no one is taking responsibility for this. I am owed £200. I would be grateful if you would arrange payment as soon as possible.

Then there's a paper trail, you can show what you did and they have no excuse not to pay. If it still doesn't happen, write to them again in 7 days again asking for payment and say you will take action to recover the money. If they still don't pay you, whack in a claim with the small claims court.

MixedBerries Fri 22-Mar-13 15:28:19

I'd get right down the nearest Citizen's Advice Bureau. They see things like this all the time and are really really helpful... Good luck. What a horrible employer.

x2boys Fri 22-Mar-13 17:03:36

they are legally obliged to pay you otherwise it is an illegal detachment of earnings look at emolyment law or cab for more advice

x2boys Fri 22-Mar-13 17:06:14

employment even

Snoopingforsoup Fri 22-Mar-13 17:46:46

ACAS have a brilliant helpline. Get the number and give them a call. It's completely free.
They owe you the money for what you have worked and cannot contest that.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now