Talk

Advanced search

To think that football F***ing Manager is no excuse

(25 Posts)
AdmiralCurtain Sun 17-Mar-13 18:00:46

to a) ignore college homework and b) to keep trying to make me interested in football players and whatever else is involved. DS I don't care!!! If you don't desist I will witter on at you about ....what? oh the recent humungeous gas bill but he ignores me - wheres the off switch, to late to source earplugs. He normally does all this in his room why is he being sociable? wine is out now

AdmiralCurtain Sun 17-Mar-13 18:03:15

btw this is a lighthearted post - I don't ban DS from the downstairs area ....often

Loulybelle Sun 17-Mar-13 18:11:09

I've played Football Manager, what a boring piece of shit.

50shadesofknackered Sun 17-Mar-13 18:51:22

Oh God! My dh is obsessed loves Football Manager and also sees this as a way to try to explain football and players to me sad I hate football btw! He gets the new one whenever it comes out which I think is yearly confused. When I ask what can have changed in a year and isn't it a waste of money he mutters something about new players or something hmm ffs!

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Mar-13 18:54:32

DS1 bought FM13 only yesterday. Looks riveting. hmm

Can I thread hijack? I have downloaded it onto my laptop. Will I be able to put it on another using the product key? (ie DS2's)

PurplePidjin Sun 17-Mar-13 19:02:27

Dp doesn't play computer games but does insist on talking at to me when it's on. I don't much mind it being on even though it makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs with a rusty spoon but for the love of god stop making me pretend I'm interested!!!

Yanbu grin

AdmiralCurtain Sun 17-Mar-13 19:04:44

Sparkling I asked and got a grunt. He is still ujpset because i tried to show him how an iron and ironing bored worked

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Mar-13 19:06:48

grin Admiral, no worries. DS1 currently grunting over his Maths Homework. Yep, 7.30 on a Sunday night and all the homework comes out. hmm

AdmiralCurtain Sun 17-Mar-13 19:08:39

Purplepidjin - I have an agreement - we each have 5 mins talking about stuff And the theat of my wittering normally shuts him up

AdmiralCurtain Sun 17-Mar-13 19:12:25

How old are yours sparkling? I have a hulking 16 yr old

Sparklingbrook Sun 17-Mar-13 19:13:50

13 and 11 Admiral. Still waiting for the hulking bit to start with DS1, the attitude and unreasonableness have been there for a while. sad

PurplePidjin Sun 17-Mar-13 19:25:07

I tried that. He persists.

Ds will be big enough soon and I'll be off the hook grin

Scholes34 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:59:53

DS2 (12) has a Sheldon Cooper-like obsession with Football Manager and all sporting facts, figures and statistics. It comes in very useful in the sports round at the annual PTA-run quiz.

Try to see the positive (if at all possible!)

LadyWidmerpool Sun 17-Mar-13 20:02:16

Oh, the fascinating stories I have heard about Football Manager from my husband pokes self in eye with fork

Scholes34 Mon 18-Mar-13 10:08:41

DS2 goes through phases where he begins each sentence with "On Football Manager . . .", to which we all respond very loudly "Boring!"

freddiefrog Mon 18-Mar-13 10:13:04

God, DH loves football manager

It's even more boring than watching actual football on the tv and I never thought I'd say that.

pigsinmud Mon 18-Mar-13 10:17:27

Ds1 is obsessed with it. Along with his encyclopaedic memory for every football stat going, I have to endure a lot of football talk.

JCDenton Mon 18-Mar-13 10:31:02

Sod the lot of you, FM is great (but I am aware that I'm the only person in the universe who gives a shit about my new striker!)

PurplePidjin Mon 18-Mar-13 12:47:49

I am aware that I'm the only person in the universe who gives a shit about my new striker!

That's fine - i have no problem with dp being a footie nut, happily have it on tv or pack him off to the pub - just don't sodding yammer on about it at me!

youmaycallmeSSP Mon 18-Mar-13 12:54:22

DH plays one of those football manager games. It is beyond annoying when I get called away from doing something actually useful or entertaining to see the replay of 'his' computer-generated player doing something 'amazing'. Thankfully he is learning that I really don't care.

liverbird10 Fri 18-Aug-17 00:20:00

I love playing Football Manager.

Yes, seriously.

Extragum Fri 18-Aug-17 00:21:08

You bumped a four year old thread to say that confused

liverbird10 Fri 18-Aug-17 01:04:51

Um. Not deliberately. blush I have had a bit too much rum and coke so have no idea how I even got to this thread. sad

AgentZigzag Fri 18-Aug-17 01:30:02

grin at liver's drunken posting, at least you owned up.

Aww OP's DS will be 20 now, bet he's at uni or something and she's missing him blathering on about it.

AgentZigzag Fri 18-Aug-17 01:36:43

I've always loved this pic and I don't post about zombies often, more's the pity.

It's kind of a tiny bit relevant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: