Advanced search

AIBU about keeping DD home from nursery?

(9 Posts)
pleasethanks Tue 12-Feb-13 20:02:23

I admit I might be being a bit pfb, so perspective would be appreciated!

DD is 2.5 and has tonsilitis. On antibs which are helping - she got them on Thurs last week. She really picked up over the weekend and she went back to nursery on Monday. And she went again today. She is due to go tomorrow, but I can tell she is shattered and is coughing a bit, so I would rather she stay home, rather than go in and put her recovery back. She is okay to go in, but my preference would be she stayed home.

DP can easily take leave tomorrow and look after her, but he thinks it is fine for her to go and thinks I am being a bit over protective.


redskyatnight Tue 12-Feb-13 20:09:17

If the is ok health wise to go in, I would say it depends how "easy" it really is for DP to have the day off. We try to keep days off to a minimum so can take them when we really need them.

space21 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:12:57

Can you see how she feels in the morning and make a decision then?

pleasethanks Tue 12-Feb-13 20:15:56

I suppose maybe I am projecting a bit. I know when I am not well I want peace and quiet and not be in a room full of shouting, running children! But I am not a toddler. I just worry that although is is okay to go in, it is probably not the best in the long run (ie if she has another long tiring day tomorrow, her last day for the week, I worry she will suffer at the other end and take longer to get over it IYSKIM)

MrsLyman Tue 12-Feb-13 20:32:10

If it's her last day in timorrow I'd send her, she cam rest up on Thursday, if you don't sods law she'll be off again next week and it'll be hard to get time off to cover.

Scootee Tue 12-Feb-13 20:36:35

I wouldn't send her. She is only little and if you can manage without the child care she would probably be better resting at home.

NatashaBee Tue 12-Feb-13 20:42:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Icelollycraving Tue 12-Feb-13 21:55:06

If you can take time off,keep her off. I keep ds off if he's a little off colour sometimes. One to one at home rather than a slightly more frenetic environment can be very beneficial IMO.
Hope she feels better soon.

She's very little. On one hand resilient. On the other hand fragile.

I'd keep her off.


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now