Talk

Advanced search

To think that if this daft woman on the telly could 'feel' that she was standing on Richard III's grave...

(132 Posts)
IAmLouisWalsh Mon 04-Feb-13 21:13:16

Then they should have just dug under her feet?

I'd have dropped her in the hole once I'd got him out

carabos Mon 04-Feb-13 22:13:18

It's riveting though isn't it? Agree she (and a lot of the other "richardians") are a bit lunatic fringe, but they are harmless and it's a stunningly important discovery.

Agree about the academics chewing their cheeks to stop snorting with laughter though grin.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 04-Feb-13 22:14:23

Ooh yes Jamie, I was thinking about Bones at that point too and hoping that David Boreanaz would replace Stupid Death.

RedPencils Mon 04-Feb-13 22:15:08

What's the big deal about his spine? Why are they so up in arms about it?

manicbmc Mon 04-Feb-13 22:15:18

She is a little bit 'full on'. hmm

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:17:36

Redpencils

I think it is because the richard rehabilitators were very wedded to the idea that his deformity was made up, in order to slander him.

Hopefully Mon 04-Feb-13 22:17:43

They really needed to involve her less to make this a good documentary.

SuzysZoo Mon 04-Feb-13 22:17:58

I thought she was going to crawl into the grave with him at the start! i am stunned people (richardians) are so bothered about it. It's interesting, but who cares really if he was/wasn't bad etc!?

threestepsforward Mon 04-Feb-13 22:18:14

Can't wait to see the reconstructed face!

PacificDogwood Mon 04-Feb-13 22:18:26

Oh yes, yes, me too, she is majorly getting on my tits.

But fair play to her an' all that <<grudgingly>>

It takes mildly obsessive personalities to see something like this through. I'd be too lazy easily distracted grin

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:18:45

How do the facial reconstructore know how much muscle and fat someone has on their face? Surely it varies?

threestepsforward Mon 04-Feb-13 22:20:50

I'm not sure. Re the fat, I guess they'd account for their diet at the time (marine fish as we now know!). No idea about the muscles though - would they not just follow the lines of the scull? <clueless emoticon>

threestepsforward Mon 04-Feb-13 22:22:02

and lifestyle...busy king fighting lots and burning a lot of calories!

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:23:34

Spose so!

DH has said, that conveniently next to the car park is a disused school. Visitor centre to go there? Jorvik centre-ish, smells and all that.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 04-Feb-13 22:23:35

Every muscle attaches to the bones, the strength of the muscle (which indicates the size if the muscle) can be estimated by how 'distinct' the attachment points are - i.e. how much the muscle pulled on the bone when it as being used. The fat on top is probably pretty evenly spread.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:24:38

Thankyou Whereyouleftit

Bet osteolady felt a bit embarrassed about making a bloody great hole with her pickaxe

threestepsforward Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:28

Ah, that sounds a lot more scientific Whereyou grin

TomArchersSausage Mon 04-Feb-13 22:26:59

She was right but.... crying? confused

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:30:24

JamieandtheMagicTorch - Leicester Council has already bought that building. £850k IIRC... It'll be the new visitor centre, and it's handy for the cathedral also.

FriendofDorothy Mon 04-Feb-13 22:30:51

Richard III woman is just bonkers. The flag thing really made me giggle and I so can imagine this being a Victoria Wood take-off!

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:31:01

Actually, i can see that it would be moving to see a skelton, full stop, let alone one of someone you'd researched so exhaustively. We are a bit removed cos we see fake skeltons all the time on telly. Must be different in reality

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:31:21

Skeleton

TomArchersSausage Mon 04-Feb-13 22:32:50

Stabbed in the arse? <stupid deaths>

SuzysZoo Mon 04-Feb-13 22:34:30

She doesn't look too impressed TBH! (at the head)

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 04-Feb-13 22:35:11

It is amzing really. Amazing to have found exactly what they were looking for

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 04-Feb-13 22:35:36

"He doesn't look like a tyrant."

Umm - there's a 'look'?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now