Talk

Advanced search

Friends dh going out with other woman and she's not invited.

(45 Posts)
catpark Tue 22-Jan-13 21:49:15

My friend phoned me and is pissed with her husband. Apparently he is going to see the new tour of rocky horror with a group of work friends. She wanted to see it but he said it was just work. He let slip that it is only him going with 5 woman, no other men ! She is furious with him as he is also planning on going out for a meal after.

He doesn't think there's anything wrong with doing it, what do others think ? I think he's out of order myself.

wonderstuff Tue 22-Jan-13 21:51:21

Why is there anything wrong with that?

Softlysoftly Tue 22-Jan-13 21:51:43

Erm I thought you were going to day him and 1 woman. Him and 5 women is a group dynamic, just because they are female doesn't mean he has to shag them confused

ConfusedPixie Tue 22-Jan-13 21:52:17

Wouldn't phase me if it was my DP, but then he's always gotten on better with women and throughout college and early adult life it was just him and five girls hanging out constantly!

Sounds like a fun night though!

LindyHemming Tue 22-Jan-13 21:52:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HollyBerryBush Tue 22-Jan-13 21:53:24

She's not invited on a work do. End of matter.

Gender of collegues is irrelevent - unless of course he's such a stud he's going to bang them all on the train coming home.

If she wanted to see the show that much, she would have booked tickets herself.

i'm afraid I am all out of empathy for needy, clingy, petulant people today.

LessMissAbs Tue 22-Jan-13 21:54:04

Shes going to feel a bit odd if she goes along, being the only non-work person and spouse there if she insists on not allowing the man a life outside the marriage!

DevaDiva Tue 22-Jan-13 21:54:16

Nothing wrong with that, I've been out on work socials tons of times and been the only woman. I haven't ever ended up doing anything untoward with any of them.

deleted203 Tue 22-Jan-13 21:54:43

I thought it was just one OW too! I can't see any problem with him going to a show and a meal with his workmates. What difference does it make if they are women? Of course, he's not out of order. Your friend is for thinking that she can tag along just because he works with women! shock.

catpark Tue 22-Jan-13 21:55:51

She really wanted to see it but he told her no but he won't go with her another night to see it. They hardly go out together at all.

squeakytoy Tue 22-Jan-13 21:56:38

She should go with her own mates then..

NippyDrips Tue 22-Jan-13 21:56:41

Y/s abu.

One woman I.could understand but 5 women, well I think you are giving him.a lot of credit for stamina there.

motherinferior Tue 22-Jan-13 21:57:12

Well, can't she go with a friend?

I go out with Blokes sometimes shock

AnyFucker Tue 22-Jan-13 21:58:09

Do you need a new hobby ?

ilovesooty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:00:31

I don't see what the problem is.

specialsubject Tue 22-Jan-13 22:00:58

Rocky Horror does involve some interesting dressing up but it is not a euphemism for group sex (not in the audience, anyway...)

she insults her husband and sounds clingy and insecure.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 22-Jan-13 22:03:09

One woman and you may have a slight argument.

5 colleagues? Stop.

YABU.

Scuttlebutter Tue 22-Jan-13 22:03:11

Both you and she are BVU. You sound like a pair of insecure teenagers. It's a works do with a bunch of colleagues. End of problem.

If they don't get out enough as a couple maybe she should stop sulking and plan a few evenings.

garlicblocks Tue 22-Jan-13 22:04:50

OK, so you're she's pissed off that he goes out with other people, not with you her. I think this is quite reasonable. He sounds like a bit of a prat.

However, insisting you go on a work night out is not the way to resolve this. She needs to organise her own trip to see the show (and dinner) with her friends, and also sort out some decent dates with H.

Shakey1500 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:05:23

Agree she should make her own arrangements to go with whoever.

Why is it such an issue for her? Truly don't understand.

I often go out with a group of men. All DH says is "wake me up if you want help getting your boots off" grin

catpark Tue 22-Jan-13 22:07:01

I would go but live miles away. Think she more annoyed with him as she wanted to see it, he said no then a few weeks later said he was going with a group from work. And she still can't go. But this evening it's now just girls and him. They've not been out together for months ( have 3dc) but he's been on a few nights out recently with work and it seems not a lot of men go.

TheArbiter Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:09

Unless he's planning on having a huge sweaty six-some after the meal, then this is just baseless jealousy and your friend should save her rage for later.

ilovesooty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:50

Why doesn't she go with her own friends then? And take the initiative in planning some separate nights with her husband?

AnyFucker Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:54

If you are so interested in their relationship, why don't you offer to babysit their kids so they can have some couple-time ?

EuroShagmore Tue 22-Jan-13 22:13:40

Nope, just not seeing a problem with this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now