Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that Eponimes waist was unnaturally small

(20 Posts)
loverofwine Tue 22-Jan-13 21:40:24

Enough of talking about Russel Crowe, mooning over the Kermit boy and generally getting a bit obsessed about the singing.

Les Mis isn't about that at all..*refers to title of thread*

bigbadbarry Tue 22-Jan-13 21:44:45

Well I don't suppose there was much food about...maybe the rest of her was unnaturally large?

loverofwine Tue 22-Jan-13 22:13:37

Yes maybe. But could it in fact be some conspiracy by the Spanx people?

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Tue 22-Jan-13 22:23:23

Thought the same. Weirdly teeny.

CoolaSchmoola Tue 22-Jan-13 22:23:52

Eponine is meant to be half starved and very scrawny.

LineRunner Tue 22-Jan-13 22:25:32

Women whose heads are wider than their bodies scare me a bit.

Valpollicella Tue 22-Jan-13 22:28:45

Teeeeny tiny waist shock

I think I am ! as she is slim but not tiiiiiny. So her arms are n't all scrawny etc

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Tue 22-Jan-13 23:02:43

I like a bit of corsetry and you can be confident that she'll be at least as deep as she is wide, if that makes sense. You can't ditch your entrails, only squoosh them about a bit.

Bonbonchance Tue 22-Jan-13 23:32:55

I noticed that! That's some corset, her waist was about half the width of anywhere else!

LineRunner Tue 22-Jan-13 23:37:03

So are her spleen and her liver in her hips now?

Agent64 Wed 23-Jan-13 00:12:05

LineRunner grin

AudrinaAdare Wed 23-Jan-13 00:28:47

Well she does have (beautiful) widely-spaced facial features which can make the torso appear smaller in comparison but... no, that it one amazing bit of corsetry.

Also, there is probably no fabric under that belt or perhaps just netting 1mm thin. It's a trick used in couture, especially suits in bulkier fabrics (read this in a Judith Kranz novel grin)

rainbowsprite1 Wed 23-Jan-13 00:33:41

it is one amazing corset - and it must have been an absolute bugger to wear. Sam Barks (who plays Eponime) comes from where I live & while I can confirm she is totally naturally gorgeous her waist is wearing a serious corset. My only question is where can I get one from?? smile

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Wed 23-Jan-13 00:40:52

Vollers make the best corsets I've encountered. You need steel boning, unbelievably hardy stitching (or the steel posts come out) and proper laces, not ribbon. And someone fucking ruthless to tie it for you. I've always done my own, but I'd say you get better results from someone who loves fashion more than your insides with a foot on your back!

nevermindthecrocodiles Wed 23-Jan-13 06:22:20

I thought that! I did notice at one stage in the film that her head appeared to be wider than her waist! <bumbles off to purchase a corset>

wolfandi Wed 23-Jan-13 07:15:38

Hello Rainbowsprite <waves furiously>

I thought I was the only one here from that place!

Err...sorry. As you were.

CheerfulYank Wed 23-Jan-13 07:26:04

I thought that too! As I said on another thread, her arms are probably skinny in RL but in some shots, compared to that waist, they looked rather beefy!

Eliza22 Wed 23-Jan-13 09:08:23

She appeared to have had several ribs removed. I thought it looked peculiar.

mrsjay Wed 23-Jan-13 09:13:09

she will be corsetted in they are all meant to be starving she can't be a bit tubby can she, anne hathaway was skinnier and more gaunt. but yes that waist is teeny tiny .

FruitOwl Wed 23-Jan-13 12:09:52

But how did she manage to sing so fabulously while wearing it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now