Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to cry

(6 Posts)
Starrsmummy Mon 21-Jan-13 20:20:12

At post baby hair loss?

If I keeps going at this rate, ill be Phil Mitchell by the end of the month.

Please tell me it gets better?! sad

P.s why are all the emoticons bald - it's like they're taunting me.

PassMeTheWino Mon 21-Jan-13 20:22:41

Oh God mine came out in fist fulls. And that bullshit that they say 'Its just the extra hair you made when pregnant' is, well, bullshit!

Ive never had thin hair in my life (apart from when I brushed out my dreadlocks) but it was proper thin after I had my second baby.

It continued for 3 months but not at the same rate it slowed.

blackeyedsusan Mon 21-Jan-13 20:23:31

grin

it was only borrowed aanyway... most of it should haave fallen out before...

aand yes it does get better..

nilbyname Mon 21-Jan-13 20:26:32

I feel your pain.

I no longer have hair, mere feathers.

Good hair cuts, good quality products, and get some Floriedix (sp) which is an iron and multi vitamin liquid thing.

Starrsmummy Mon 21-Jan-13 20:35:42

It's really depressing! And everywhere. Shower drain, bath drain, floor, DD's hands, bed. It's disgusting and to top it off my hair dye is long overdue but im frightened to death to do it whilst its like this so I am walking around like an Eastenders extra aswell.

Will try those vitamins, thank you xx

YeahThatsTheBadger Mon 21-Jan-13 20:35:56

Definitely gets better. My hair has always been thick and it felt like more than half my hair had disappeared. It seemed to peak at about 5 months and then gradually ease off.
I don't think there's a great deal you can do about it but if the hair loss isn't slowing down in a few months, I think the advice is go to the gp because it could be iron levels or your thyroid.
I hope it improves soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now