Advanced search

AIBU to want...

(53 Posts)
dizzylizzi Sun 20-Jan-13 18:18:27

Some sort of child care grant to pay for 2 days nursery fees for my 2 year old DTG's whilst I try and start up my Freelance graphic design business and do Open university part time???

Catchingmockingbirds Mon 21-Jan-13 00:17:48

Child tax credits are still a benefit, what makes you better than those claiming a different type of benefit?

And yabu, I done an honours degree as a single parent and with no family help either.

sashh Mon 21-Jan-13 06:45:59

So your husband earns average/slightly above average wage. You have had your OU course funded, been given almost £1000, receive benefits and that is not enough.

JumpingJackSprat Mon 21-Jan-13 07:27:08

maybe you should have done your course before you had kids, or wait till theyre all in school. or do the OU work at night when the kids are in bed? how is me funding your lifestyle choice any different to me funding a heroin addict? well for a start an addict has a genuine problem they need help with. you do not. and stating this doesnt make me a bully wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now