Talk

Advanced search

to at least ask about my holiday??

(3 Posts)
toasterwaffles Fri 18-Jan-13 23:14:27

Ok so I've been working abroad in the US for a year and then a month traveling around too (wouldn't have been able to do that if I hadn't had flights paid for by work etc)

Anyway I come back and had dinner with my closest girlfriends, lovely, lots of hugs etc on the Wednesday.

A friend had a birthday meal tonight, same group of friends except there were partners there too. Some of them I have known between one year to four.

We all hang out as a large group quite frequently (meet up at least once a week) and not one of them acknowledged that I was back.

I'm not that self obsessed that I expected a large round of applause when I walked into the room with comments such as "wow it's so incredible to have you back, please tell me every details and show me every single photo you took." (because let's face other peoples holidays are quite boring to hear about)

All I wanted was an acknowledgement like ... hey you're back, good trip?

Perhaps I'm being too sensitive, so I need to know aibu?

AgentZigzag Fri 18-Jan-13 23:28:47

People are quite self absorbed, and it's entirely plausible that they just didn't think to ask about how it went.

Maybe it wasn't the setting to be asking? The conversation as a large group is usually pretty short and only talking about surface things, you've been away for over a year and they must know you're not going to be able to say what you've really been up to all that time and would prefer to ask when there are less people?

Or they could be waiting for it to just come up in conversation and you bring it up?

Lots of reasons, not all of them because they're not fussed about you being back.

AgentZigzag Fri 18-Jan-13 23:29:55

But while we're on the subject, hey, you're back smile

Good trip?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: