Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To sign onto the nurse bank.

(5 Posts)
McNewPants2013 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:57:19

I have been cleaning wards at a hospital for nearly 10 years and after watching nurses I think I am up to the job.

When dd starts school in September I am thinking about bank nursing as a NA, just to gain a more realistic view on the job.

The only issue I have is washing patients and I don't think it fair to use them as an experiment to see if I like nursing or not.

What would you do

Peggotty Fri 18-Jan-13 20:58:57

Sorry do you mean you don't like washing them? I would think personal care is quite a large part of nursing.

TraineeBabyCatcher Fri 18-Jan-13 20:59:23

I think you should do it. So long as you are giving them a good standard of care then it makes no difference to them why you are doing it.

McNewPants2013 Fri 18-Jan-13 21:02:04

I know it is a huge part of nursing, that why in my head I think if I sign onto the bank and then it's something I can't do then at least my domestic job ( that don't require personal care) is protected as I can work around my rota

SauvignonBlanche Fri 18-Jan-13 21:03:08

Joining the Nurse Bank as an HCA is an ideal way to see if you are suited to care work.
I know a couple of Domectics who have done it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now