Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of people knocking on my door?

(8 Posts)
BetteDavis01 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:51:20

Just had a person knock really loudly on my front door, claiming to be from Cancer Research, I didn't open the door but spoke to them through it. It's nearly 9pm ffs! My two DC's are in bed!

Why bother on a freezing cold Friday night? It feels like harassment to me, it makes me furious! angry It's always happening where I live.

WorraLiberty Fri 18-Jan-13 20:55:12

Have you put a sign up?

BetteDavis01 Fri 18-Jan-13 20:56:23

No I haven't but I should. How shall I word it? Don't want to offend my lovely postman, he can always knock! grin

Davinaaddict Fri 18-Jan-13 20:57:45

MSE have a couple of templates you can print off smile

WorraLiberty Fri 18-Jan-13 21:00:11

Yes lots of templates on the internet.

YorkshireDeb Fri 18-Jan-13 21:00:25

Maybe you could specify times that people are allowed to knock. I completely agree that random strangers should not be allowed to knock on doors at this time of night. X

Hassled Fri 18-Jan-13 21:03:30

I have no issue with the doorstep chuggers as a concept (if it gets people singing up to charities, fair enough - and I assume it works or they wouldn't do it) but agree they knock way too late. They should have some sort of a cut-off time.

stella1w Fri 18-Jan-13 21:03:50

I had sign up. 830pm, just got newborn and dc1 to sleep. Every light in the house off except for landing light and sodding save the children knock. Did you see the sign? No, it,s dark. Did you not think we were asleep given that the house was in darkness? Er....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now