Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm going on strike!

(11 Posts)
chickensarmpit Fri 18-Jan-13 20:02:25

I work, do all the housework, sort out the kids and basically I do everything. Oh has started a new business where he only works 2 days a week and in his spare time he goes to the pub or golf. So today me and my dd have been ill and his family have turned unannounced, pestering me to get them brews! My oh sodded off out and after half an hour I fell asleep lol. Gods knows where his family went but they have walked through mud all over my home and they must of helped themselves in my fridge because food has been left out and the kitchen is in a right state. I've just text oh and said his family are a disgrace and I'm on strike! I'm not cleaning again! Aibu?

DameFanny Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:07

Yanbu, but Yabu for letting it get that bad. How can he afford to only work 2 days a week, or are you also paying for everything?

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:12

YANBU. However, YWBU to let this get to this point.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:59

<Raises Placard>
<Marches up and down outside OPs house>
<sings>
"Do you hear chickensarmpit sing, it's the song of mad inlaws,
and a murder will be done if the inlaws give her cause,
When the munching of PomBears echoes the swigging of the gin
The door will be locked to keep the family in
(And the inlaws out out out)
OUT OUT OUT
The blood of the inlaws will water the geraniums of chickens.
<gets totally carried away>

chickensarmpit Fri 18-Jan-13 20:09:26

I'm paying for most things. He gave up a good job and with it a good wage. I'm fed up, I'll and I've quit smoking. Today his family have fumed me but he thinks it's ok.

DameFanny Fri 18-Jan-13 20:13:32

He's a cocklodger then. What do you get out of the relationship?

chickensarmpit Fri 18-Jan-13 20:14:37

Nothing at the moment.

AdoraBell Fri 18-Jan-13 20:26:34

YANBU, you shouldn't have let it get to this stage, but that's where it so now you need to stand up for yourself.

Tell him you are no longer willing to clean the house, or do his laundry and ironing. If he wants it done then he needs to recruit, pay and supervise ( as in it's eff all to do with you, so don't even ask) a cleaner who is also willing to do laundry and ironing. And stick to it.

And if the in laws visit again and he goes to leave make a big thing of how his parents are here, where the fuck is goingconfused, God, you'd never be that rude etc etc

SageYourResoluteOracle Fri 18-Jan-13 21:05:56

Pombear: astounding lyrics!

<unhelpful>

fairylightsandtinsel Fri 18-Jan-13 21:07:40

grin at Pombear

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 18-Jan-13 21:46:38

<preens>
<lights fire in oil drum on OPs lawn>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now