Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit upset by this, or am i looking too much into it?

(8 Posts)
SoupOfTheNight Fri 18-Jan-13 18:34:15

Made friends with one of DHs friends wifes last year, we talk alot on FB and txt, we got invited to her daughters party last year, we had a halloween party just for them, we have been cinema together, buy birthday presents for each other ect.

Before Xmas we met up at the cinema and she said she would come to use between xmas and new year to swap presents.

She never came, i asked about a week ago if she planned popping down to grab gifts (she drives)

she said she would try at some point, but nothing again since.

Shes become distant on facebook, we used to talk daily, and she commented on everything I posted, but doesn't now.

Then she posted on facebook about her sons party, non of us/the kids have been invited.

AIBU to be a bit sad? I don't really do friends after a few hard times and thought i'd found a proper mate but the above seems off to me?

ClippedPhoenix Fri 18-Jan-13 18:44:16

Maybe it's getting a bit too much for her, sounds rather intense. I don't talk to any of my friends every day.

Loie159 Fri 18-Jan-13 18:47:37

Poor you .... It's horrid to feel this way. I had s recent experience snd posted on here "am I being snubbed". A few people thought i was and the other consensus was maybe she had things going on in her life that I didn't know about. Turns out second was true..... So based on the advice I had and my recent experience I would say email her or call her asking if everything is alright, or if you have fine anything to upset her.. My friend was horrified I thought something was wrong and we had a good chat and met up soon after snd all back to normal. If she says yes and is still a bit off then leave her alone for a bit. Try not to read too much into it - I know it's hard

SoupOfTheNight Fri 18-Jan-13 18:47:51

Oh sorry, that comes across wrong, its not intense at all, i just mean we talk on facebook, like I'll post a pic of my son and she would comment, but thats stopped.

we 'talk' very rarely, never on the phone...

we have only met up about 6, on occasions like birthdays or days out times so its anything but intense.

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 18-Jan-13 18:49:13

Intense new friendships often fizzle out and take a more of a reasonable pace. Try not to worry, take it for what it is. She might be a bit of a fair weather friend. There's lots of them about. Nothing to do with you, its just their way. smile

SminkoPinko Fri 18-Jan-13 18:54:14

Maybe she forgot to get you gifts and is avoiding you so she doesn't have to get anything now xmas is over?

DeWe Fri 18-Jan-13 18:57:18

If her ds is older than about 3yo I wouldn't expect to be invited because you are friends. When the dc get to about 3yo they start wanting their friends not the dc of their parents' friends.

sukysue Fri 18-Jan-13 20:09:29

right just a thought and sorry if i am way off the mark but... this has happened to me several times. Has a male friend partner relative neighbour person u work with been suggestive to her without your knowledge, I had this happen to me and it was only when she divorced him i could tell her what he had been like the letch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now