Talk

Advanced search

To wish that babies weren't so easy to trip over in coffee shops!

(5 Posts)
Latara Wed 16-Jan-13 19:52:42

I walked into my local coffee shop to the counter along a defined walkway of dark wood flooring, the lights in the coffee shop were not exactly bright.

I was shocked to narrowly avoid stepping on a baby of all things - right there on the floor by the counter.
A tiny little cute baby that someone had allowed to crawl a considerable distance past people carrying hot drinks to their tables (luckily it got nothing spilt on it).

AIBU to think this mother was irresponsible because she was.

PS. When i nearly trod on her baby she ignored the baby & me, & carried on reading so i couldn't even apologise.

wibblyjelly Wed 16-Jan-13 19:54:19

Yanbu. I bet if anyone did spill anything on the baby, or trod on it, the mum would be up in arms.

Latara Wed 16-Jan-13 19:58:33

If she actually noticed, that is.

Can i add that most mums i see with babies in coffee shops are much more responsible than that mother was.

SquinkiesRule Wed 16-Jan-13 19:59:22

What a loon, she'd be causing all kinds of fuss if he had been trodden on, silly woman.

ClippedPhoenix Wed 16-Jan-13 20:00:53

YANBU. Unfortunately some people think that coffee shops are the "New Creche Facility".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now