loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want to yell "disgusting " at the next person to spit on the pavement

(54 Posts)
Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 13:56:16

That is all smile

HecatePropolos Tue 15-Jan-13 14:00:57

Nope. funnily enough, I saw this this morning. My husband is off so we went shopping together. Coming out of the shop, a driver spat on the floor and drove off.

I don't know why it was more disgusting because it was one of those ambulance cars, but it was.

But then, going into the shop, we had to avert our eyes as two groups of women were screeching and effing and blinding at each other. My husband gasped and said "my goodness" and I hissed shut up shut up don't say anything don't look at them

We had ventured into the area I grew up in and I know the rules! grin If he'd looked at them, he'd have had them all turn on him!

I don't know what the hawking ambulance car driver and the screeching women have to do with each other. Just that sort of area, I suppose. Cor, I'm from classy stock grin

Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 14:02:38

It is disgusting I'm fed up dodging it ! No wonder whooping cough is on the rise. ! And the norovirus

scarletforya Tue 15-Jan-13 14:04:17

It's disgusting. There should be an on the spot electrocution with a cattle prod for these scummy pigs!

ZooAnimals Tue 15-Jan-13 14:06:18

grin @ scarlet I think you should run for office, that's the kind of thinking we need.

OP YANBU, don't though incase they spit on/at you.

scarletforya Tue 15-Jan-13 14:07:45

blush

Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 14:09:10

That's what I'm scared of. ! Where are the bobby's who used to give a clip round the ear ? smile

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Tue 15-Jan-13 14:10:01

Yanbu! I once told a take away place that they need to do something about the people outside as you couldnt get to the door without having to avoid a river of spit.

GetOrf Tue 15-Jan-13 14:11:11

I hate it as well. Dirty articles.

I would love to be brave enough to say 'oi', but if you are uncouth enough to gob in the street you may well be enough of a scumbag to shout and swear.

mrsjay Tue 15-Jan-13 14:13:08

I have tutted at spitters it is vile and im not sure why people think it is acceptable to gob in the street <heave> yanbu

Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 14:13:12

Exactly ! I emailed my council complaining about the mess but no reply ! I know some councils now fine for spitting

Panzee Tue 15-Jan-13 14:13:55

I do think about saying "ew!" but e I remember the time I was suffering from a throat infection and threw up on the street on the way home from the pharmacy. blush. I am so glad nobody walked past me at that point.

mrsjay Tue 15-Jan-13 14:14:41

scarlett you should start the prodding force you could also prod chewing gum spitters and people who daunder in front, keep people moving

Splinters Tue 15-Jan-13 14:16:39

Yanbu it is minging minging minging, as is the sound of people dredging it up from their throats DO IT IN PRIVATE! I spent last winter in a very cold country (-25 c) where spitting is v popular and it freezes on the pavements and is preserved for months. Along with the dog shit.

GetOrf Tue 15-Jan-13 14:17:21

Oh my lord splinters. Frozen phlegm.

Splinters Tue 15-Jan-13 14:21:32

GetOrf, I know. And then, come the thaw in April, the entire fecking country is awash with defrosted phlegm and shit and cigarette butts all released from their snowdrifts. Vile, I tell you.

Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 14:21:55

Lovely and someone just sneezed down my ear in Sainsburys !

mrsjay Tue 15-Jan-13 14:23:30

oh good god @frozen phlegm i feel a bit envy <<, we need a feel sick emoction

crypes Tue 15-Jan-13 14:24:32

There always seems to be trickles of spit and phlem goblet outside the local spar shops . So I avoid using spar. But put it down to smokers using those shops. Hoik. Phlem . Fag .

pigletmania Tue 15-Jan-13 14:25:13

YANBU it is a disgusting and filthy habit and the perpetrates are minging

Lonelybunny Tue 15-Jan-13 14:28:49

It's bloody disgusting ! I know someone who used to bleach the bottoms of his shoes before taking them inside the house , now I can totally see why !

mrsjay Tue 15-Jan-13 14:30:59

I smoke and ive never hoicked outside the spar grin

Absy Tue 15-Jan-13 14:31:52

YANBU though I prefer the suggestion that they need to lick their spit up.

Unfortunately, I have a friend who does this <gack> and me shouting at him for half an hour about the grossness of it didn't help, so anyone have any helpful articles about how it spreads TB etc?

nevermindthecrocodiles Tue 15-Jan-13 14:33:01

YANBU at all - I absolutely hate it when people spit, most vile & disgusting habit! I wish everywhere would bring back fines for spitting in public - it's revolting! Having said that I would probably never be brave enough to accost a spitter....as delightful as they seem to be!

ResolutelyCheeky Tue 15-Jan-13 14:33:09

mrsjay what does 'daunder' mean?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now