Talk

Advanced search

To be quite smugly pleased with self?

(24 Posts)
NorthernLurker Mon 14-Jan-13 20:19:50

Today I have:

Realised dd2 has left her homework planner at home so rushed it to school thuse pre-empting her getting in a row

Submitted an abstract to a conference

Done some other clever work stuff which has pre-empted problems

Given blood and not passed out

Cleared snow BEFORE it became ice

Found something left over in the frezer I can have for my tea rather than weakly buying a ready meal on the way home

Helped dd2 with her maths homework

AIBU to feel pretty blood smug about my achievements today grin

Feel free to offer your -puny-- achievements if you wish to out-smug me grin

NoWittyName Mon 14-Jan-13 20:21:28

Can't out smug you but can say 'hurrah!!'. Sounds like a great day!

McNewPants2013 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:21:57

ummmm, i have loaded the dishwasher

McNewPants2013 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:22:33

well done with what you have got done today especially giving blood

Primafacie Mon 14-Jan-13 20:23:13

Came here all ready to tell you off

But by god, woman, YANBU

Enjoy your well earned smug moment

NorthernLurker Mon 14-Jan-13 20:23:15

Arse - I have NOT loaded dishwasher. <<takes self down a peg>>

But I did remember it was going to snow and took appropriate shoes to work as well as silly shoes.

<<raises self a peg>> grin

IneedAgoldenNickname Mon 14-Jan-13 20:26:20

Well done you, I can't out smug you, and I don't have a dishwashersad

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 14-Jan-13 20:27:43

I got on the treadmill today for the first time since before Christmas.

And thanks to a bug last week I have lost 4lb since Christmas.

I feel a little smug but I bow to your superior achievements. grin

Darksideofthe80s Mon 14-Jan-13 20:30:56

Yabu for smuggly mentioning you have snow sad envy

NorthernLurker Mon 14-Jan-13 20:34:37

We don't have much snow - just enough to make the paths lethal tomorrow hmm

Treadmill and weightloss - impressive! Making me a little nervous up here on the sumg pinnacle of smugtown.....

digerd Mon 14-Jan-13 20:36:16

WOW - well done, and you deserve to feel proud of yourself. It's not being smug imo
What did I do today,?
Did 2 crosswords this morning
Fed the dog
Wrote a letter
Walked 10 mins to PO to post 2 letters for abroad in the snow.
Walked the dog for 20 mins in the snow
Received my Tesco grocery home delivery
Cooked my dinner
Had a kip from 2.30pm - 3,45
Took the dog for a walk as had stopped snowing.
Been on MN
But I am retired.

WillYouDoTheFandango Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:47

I read your title in the style of Bridget jones grin well done!

I too am smug - I have cleaned the whole house, put away the washing and made tea before DP came home. First time since DS 4 weeks was born. won't mention the fact that I also watched two chick flicks and got dressed at 4pm

PoppyWearer Mon 14-Jan-13 20:39:09

Well done OP!

My smug achievements were:

- taking car to get the tyre replaced (didn't change the tyre myself but I was brave and went to the garage rather than sending DH)

- turning the weekend's leftovers into two fish pies and three chicken and veg pies (I normally do heating up, not proper cooking)

- finding the bottom of the ironing pile (woop!)

- shredding SIX MONTHS of backlogged paperwork (not done since before the Olympics, yikes) and taking it all to the recycling centre

- comforting a poorly DS as he vomited copiously, in spite of not feeling too well myself

I had a letter about giving blood last week, but need to find out how soon after surgery it is ok to do so.

PoppyWearer Mon 14-Jan-13 20:40:27

WillYouDoTheFandango to get all of that done with a 4wo is truly miraculous! Doing it with a 4yo is difficult enough...

Theicingontop Mon 14-Jan-13 20:42:53

I did some washing up. And... I made really nice mini toad-in-the-holes for dinner? And I know they were nice because OH stole one of mine while I got myself a drink. THAT is a compliment.

<smug>

permaquandry Mon 14-Jan-13 20:43:06

Well done! What a great day, it's funny how these simple things give such a sense of wellbeing.

I'm feeling good as:

we walked to sch this morn (drive 99.9% of the time)
gave the puppy a good walk
finally found homes for kids Xmas pressis
spent quality time with kids after school as was v organised with dinner, which the kids ate most of!
Got kids in bed nice and early and they went to sleep with no trouble

A very pleasant day all round.

Nicky1306 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:43:44

I was feeling smug today as I had dinner in the slow cooker by 830 am.......not feeling quite so smug when I collected dd from school with no hat or gloves in the snow.......bad mummy x

totallyfrazzled Mon 14-Jan-13 20:54:36

Got up, showered inc washed hair, dressed myself and 2 dc's ready for school after first ironing their uniforms, gave them skeleton snack, unloaded dishwasher, loaded w machine, drove self and dcs to pick up dh who had dropped his work vehicle to be serviced, went to cafe to top up breakfast for dc's, did dc's hair and ties, drove on to school with dh and dc, dropped off said dcs with varying show n tells, fruit snacks, library books et etc, drove home, tidied kitchen, took self off to work. Did work, rang dh to check supper under control, came home from work, picked up some work item on way. Did homework with unwilling child, read book with another reluctant child. Did bedtime read story. Tided kitchen, loaded dishwasher. Tidied living room. Went on mums net then drank huge glass of wine.
Too tired to be smug just knackered as per usual.

Pixieonthemoor Mon 14-Jan-13 20:56:12

I hadn't really thought about what I had done today but, since you ask, I have:
1) sorted out 2 x children's wardrobes to clear out
2) sorted the cleared out items into bags to hand on to friends children, charity shop and bin
3) cleared bookshelves of books that children are now too old for
4) took bags of clothes and books to charity shop
5) trip to dry cleaners
6) hand washed some toys clothes (don't ask)

Plus the usual cooking, school run stuff etc. Feeling quite chuffed now.

sittinginthesun Mon 14-Jan-13 20:59:00

I am very smug.grin I had a whole post school afternoon with no clubs, as cancelled due to snow, so I emptied the entire contents of my freezer into the snow, and defrosted my freezer!

permaquandry Mon 14-Jan-13 20:59:54

Totallyfrazzled, I salute you. Enjoy your wine

redwellybluewelly Mon 14-Jan-13 21:11:52

Wow. That is impressive.

I have been less organised. I took dd to speech therapy then childcare before coming home and lighting nice fire in front of which I stayed working until I had to go out in the cold and snow to get dd.

Yesterday. Yesterday I could be smug.

Not today.

McNewPants2013 Mon 14-Jan-13 21:21:48

this thread ispired me to get of my arse and i have actually tidied up my whole house smile

PoppyWearer Mon 14-Jan-13 21:34:29

I also did a few things of which I am ashamed - shopping, buying clothes for myself, eating DD's Christmas chocolates and some cake MIL had sent for her...just to bring the smug level down a tad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now