Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at my friend for giving out my number?

(10 Posts)
TateViolet Mon 14-Jan-13 20:15:29

My friend recently had a photo shoot done, it's one of those where you get your make-up and hair done for free and don't have to pay for the session but pay an extortionate amount for the actual photos.

It took her 2 hours on the train to get there and she ended up not buying any of the photos anyway. She was offered a print for free if she would recommend friends to the company - so basically we gave my full name and mobile number to this company without asking my permission.

I have been called twice by this company (both times different people and both times ringing me from a blocked number) trying to get me to book in to have a photo session done myself.

Aibu to be annoyed with my friend?

Maybe I am but I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable giving out someones details without their knowledge.

KatyPeril Mon 14-Jan-13 20:17:34

YANBU. That would seriously piss me off!

Pandemoniaa Mon 14-Jan-13 20:18:15

YANBU. I'd be pissed off if anyone directed a series of unsolicited sales calls in my direction. It's always polite to ask before you give anyone's number out and that's for any purpose.

CwtchesAndCuddles Mon 14-Jan-13 20:18:53

I think you are being a bit hard on your friend - she was probably being given the hard sell and just wanted to get out. Just tell them to remove your details from their database if they do call again. (I would have done that the first time they called)

It is a bit annoying but not the end of the world.

PureQuintessence Mon 14-Jan-13 20:22:35

Why dont you return the favour, go for a shoot, get a free print, and give your friends number? wink

flossy101 Mon 14-Jan-13 20:26:48

She should have given out fake names and numbers!

ChaoticintheNewYear Mon 14-Jan-13 20:30:01

YANBU

Bellerophon Mon 14-Jan-13 20:39:42

YANBU. There is no such thing as "free" in this world. Google isn't free. Facebook isn't free.

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 14-Jan-13 20:43:00

YANBU. This would annoy me to, I wouldn't dream of giving out a friend's number in those circumstances, without checking with my friend first.
I too would have just given a fake number or someone's who I don't like

TateViolet Mon 14-Jan-13 20:48:25

Maybe she doesn't like me Kara haha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now