Talk

Advanced search

For wanting dp to come home.

(31 Posts)
outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:24:00

I've just called dp and asked him to come home dcs are at mils and i haven't seen him since thursday i'm not feeling all that well and tbh need a bit of a hug and he just told me hes not coming home because he doesn't want to catch what i have as he has just got over it and was quite nasty about it i really feel like crying! aibu for wanting him to not only come home because i'm sick but because we have no dcs and would be nice just to have an evening together as we don't have them very often.

Isityouorme Sat 12-Jan-13 18:26:25

Do you not live together? Why haven't you seen him since Thursday?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:26:42

Ummm bit of both.

I can understand why you want him to come home but can also understand why,if it's contagious,he's not keen on the idea of getting it again so soon after getting over it.

MikeLitoris Sat 12-Jan-13 18:27:49

Where is he? And where has he been since Thurs?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:29:56

Has he been at your MIL with the dc's since Thursday? That's what I assumed on first reading?

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:33:16

No we don't live together and he is at mils he came and picked up dcs to take them down there i don't now why i haven't seen him i've been asking him to come home all week.

mumagain38 Sat 12-Jan-13 18:34:28

he should get home and stop being a wimp! I bet u looked after him when he was ill! Plus he will have formed some risistance against the strain of what ever u have as he has just had it! remember this next time he is ill and say'' im leaving as i dont want to catch what u have!

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:36:13

Sorry lost half of that post.

He has his own place because we broke up then got back together but have only seen him twice this week and i thinki'm starting to look desperate asing him to come back and i only have a bad cold so it's not like its going to kill him.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:36:30

What is it that's wrong OP? Health wise I mean? I can understand someone who has just for over noro virus not wanting to expose themselves to the risk of getting it again. Or an athsmatic not wanting to risk a cold/flu because it really is horrendous for them.

Can you give him a call and talk about how you've been left feeling?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:36:53

X post

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:37:43

Yes mumagain i did and i just told him that am feeling very sorry for myselfsad

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:38:21

Oh...unless he is asthmatic,I think he is being a bit mean in not wanting to look after you a bit or even just spend a bit of time with you.

YAB a bit U, its horrible feeling ill but I can see why he doesn't want to catch your bug again, and I can't imagine you would be spending a nice evening together if you are coughing and sneezing everywhere. Hope you feel better soon (and be sure to stay out of his way when he is ill in future).

Numberlock Sat 12-Jan-13 18:41:59

Sounds like the illness is an excuse. How much 'back together' are you if he still has his own place and you've only seen him twice this week and feel bad for asking him to come round. What was the reason you broke up?

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:42:45

No he's not astmatic and i know its not going to be a very nice evening but still just someone to get me a hot toddy would be nice.

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:46:54

Together as much as you can be when not living with each other i suppose and one of the main reasons we broke up was because we didn't spend enough time together and he didn't really do much as a couple i just asked him if he wanted to go cinema and he just went into a rant about not planning things he makes me feel like i can't ask him things .

Numberlock Sat 12-Jan-13 18:50:25

Sounds like you're better off without him. You've done the first stage by getting separate homes, I'd make it a permanent split now. You don't sound right for each other.

Have you talked about living together again at some point in the future?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 12-Jan-13 18:50:47

OP,it might just be because you're feeling a bit upset and are unwell.and he's still grumpy after being ill...but he sounds like he is being a bit of a knob here. Generally speaking.

BackforGood Sat 12-Jan-13 18:52:07

YABU. How lovely to have the dcs looked after and the chance to go to bed with a lemsip and a good book if you are feeling unwell. Surely you can see it's not an attractive invitation to come round and sit with someone sniffing, coughing and spluttering all evening ?

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:59:05

Yes i agree he is being a knob but honestly things have improved alot he has had a bit of a tough week in his defence but thats no excuse really.

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 19:01:14

Like i said i can see where he's coming from its not going to be all rampent sex while we have no dcs but a cuddle would be nice like i said i gave him when her was here when he was ill.

Numberlock Sat 12-Jan-13 20:08:40

So how is he spending his evening then?

PureQuintessence Sat 12-Jan-13 20:12:18

I am sorry, but I dont think he is that much into you...

outnumberedbythree Sat 12-Jan-13 20:40:43

Probley at a friends or going home i don't know
pure you may be right.

Isityouorme Sun 13-Jan-13 07:58:55

He clearly doesn't give two hoots about you..... Sally this is your wake up call. If he cared he would pop over, ask what he can do to help etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now