Talk

Advanced search

to not want to take dd to eat where they keep the highchairs in the mens loos?

(17 Posts)
PartyFops Sat 12-Jan-13 17:57:32

There is a really good pub restaurant near us that does really good roast dinners. DH wants to go there but last time we went we asked for a high chair for DD, the chap said "yes I will go and get you one, we keep them over here" and walked into the mens loos and came out with one! shock

Luckily DD was still quite small at the time and I managed to get away with saying, thanks but I'm not sure she can hold herself up enough for that type of chair. Phew!

Now I have a booster chair thing that I could bring if we ever go again, but I cant help thinking that not only is keeping the highchair in the mens loos rank enough, but what else about hygeine do they not care about?

Its supposed to be a very good pub with a great reputation.

Salmotrutta Sat 12-Jan-13 18:00:29

I'm sorry OP but this has me in stitches and I don't even know why exactly ...

<snort>

Was it stored under the urinals?

insancerre Sat 12-Jan-13 18:00:44

YANBU
That would put me off too.
Do they not know about airbourne germs?
Wonder what environmental health would say?

Are you 100% certain they were in the loos? Was it not a store cupboard near the loos?

PartyFops Sat 12-Jan-13 18:02:21

Definately in the loos!

boak

yani Sat 12-Jan-13 18:02:41

Eurgh! Could it be that there is a seperate storage area/room off the gents accessed by a door past the one leading to the gents? hmm

Failing that LOTS of handgel squirted liberally all over it.
Or, as you suggest, use your own. <helpful>

yani Sat 12-Jan-13 18:03:35

xposts - just seen definitely in loos.

Yuk Yuk Yuk

quoteunquote Sat 12-Jan-13 18:04:06

Just mention it in a review on trip advisor,

But anywhere that has such a poor grasp on hygiene would be off most people list of places to eat, it's just common sense.

ShellyBoobs Sat 12-Jan-13 18:04:59

Would it be ok if it was the women's loos?

Only asking as you've specifically mentioned it being the men's, more than once.

For me, keeping highchairs in any sort of loo is unacceptable, though!

PartyFops Sat 12-Jan-13 18:06:56

Ha ha, no I would feel the same if it was in the womens loos.

AndABigBirdInaPearTree Sat 12-Jan-13 18:08:20

decant some dettox into a small spray bottle and douse the chair liberally and then wipe with a paper towel and bin it? TBH restaurant high chairs are incredibly gross anyway.

halcyondays Sat 12-Jan-13 18:08:21

Yanbu

AllYoursBabooshka Sat 12-Jan-13 18:09:50

Gross.

YANBU.

Chottie Sat 12-Jan-13 18:11:00

Disgusting!!! uck!!!

I would not eat there at all. I agree with quoteunquote Trip Advisor is a good way to go......

Bobyan Sat 12-Jan-13 18:13:57

Omg, what if there's a sprayer!??

Floggingmolly Sat 12-Jan-13 18:27:05

Revolting. I never went back to a playgroup when they insisted all buggies had to be stored in the (filthy sad) toilets.

CanIRingTheBell Sat 12-Jan-13 18:29:44

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! No way would I go there again, that's just revolting

poocatcherchampion Sat 12-Jan-13 18:33:27

Why don't you just request that they are stored elsewhere? Tbh, it wouldn't bother me :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now