Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

considering reporting the neighbours

(16 Posts)
terilou87 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:27:20

well ill start from the beginning, i live on a council estate and shortly after i moved in my neighbour moved into her home with her 3 kids, we got on really well until shortly after her husband/partner moved in and he constantly plays loud music till daft hours, it didn't bother me too much until recently.
iv just had a baby who is now 7 weeks old and christmas eve their music was on till 4am, its really irritating.
Then they always dump their rubbish over the nature reserve it was a beautiful area until they started dumping, then to top it off her iv just found out she is claiming benefits as a single parent even though her other half works and lives with her but the money she claims she is sending over to her family in africa.
im absolutly fuming as i have worked all my life and i have 4 kids and i am struggling along, i have tried talking to her about the music and i have told her its out of order commiting benefit fraud because she is stealing from people who pay tax but her reaction was other people do it. so my question is should i or shouldn't i am i being unreasonable?
ps sorry if it was a bit long winded! smile

quoteunquote Fri 11-Jan-13 20:35:02

Have you told them that the music now bothers you? They may not know.

This may be of use

terilou87 Fri 11-Jan-13 20:40:26

yes iv tried talking to them about it but its her b/f he speaks little english i dont know if she has told him but it hasnt made even the slightest difference. im even considering moving but at the same time i think why should i move. its difficult i dont want to be the "grass" but what other option do i have there keeping my kids up my son has fell to sleep on several occasions at school (he's 5)

Dolallytats Fri 11-Jan-13 21:03:17

I hate inconsiderate neighbours. Loud music is one of my pet hates and I really don't understand wht some people think everyone else needs to listen to it as well. I would keep a diary and also contact the local council noise team EVERY time it went on.
Dumping rubbish is also something I can't stand, why are so many people happy to live in a crap hole?? I don't get it!! I would also report them for flytipping. Most councils are really cracking down on this.
I would also report them to the Benefits Agency, but only if I was absolutely sure she was claiming as a single parent.

They sound like thoroughly unpleasant people to live next to and give other council tenants a bad name, talk about living up to the stereotype!!

TinyDancingHoofer Fri 11-Jan-13 21:06:56

Report, report, report.

RuleBritannia Fri 11-Jan-13 21:07:03

From what the OP has described, it's possible that the boyfriend might be an illegal immigrant. Report the lot of them!

hermioneweasley Fri 11-Jan-13 21:12:15

Agree with others saying "report". I don't get what's wrong with being a "grass"

JambalayaCodfishPie Fri 11-Jan-13 21:12:17

Fucking goats, fucking hilaiiiiiiirious, no? hmm

OP. You can report the benefit fraud anonymously.

Report the noise polution, and as PP said, keep a diary.

We had awful neighbours, well, she had a boyfriend who was trouble. We kept a diary, which the police collected weekly, it was used as evidence eventually to get an order which meant he couldnt come within 100ft of our house, meaning he couldnt go there either. All the trouble stopped.

Record everything.

TooMuchRain Fri 11-Jan-13 21:36:23

If the music annoys you just report it, you'll probably be given a diary by the council.

bureni Fri 11-Jan-13 21:40:35

or if the music is that bad the council will call out and install microphones/recorders which record the level of the noise and the times it happened.

HollyBerryBush Fri 11-Jan-13 21:43:32

she claims she is sending over to her family in africa.

love it! A friday night , immigrant benefit thread!

bureni Fri 11-Jan-13 21:46:07

Is it cos I is?

terilou87 Fri 11-Jan-13 21:47:58

well i think thats what i will have to do. i know he is not an illegal immigrant as he works where my dp used to work and they do all the checks police/passport/reference ect i know these can be forged but i dont think he is.
quoteunquote goats lmao
they've gone out so no music hope they dont come back! thanks for all your replies

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Fri 11-Jan-13 21:49:11

Report and don't look back.

Coconutty Fri 11-Jan-13 21:54:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Samnella Fri 11-Jan-13 21:54:27

Report for all of it. The noise, the dumping and the benefits cheating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now