Talk

Advanced search

To change content insurance providers mainly because....

(9 Posts)
GoldenHandshake Fri 11-Jan-13 09:47:37

Despite the fact that the monthly direct debit comes from my account, I arranged the policy, have always handled all correspondence etc, they still insist on sending every letter and piece of documentation addressed to my husband and refer to him as the policy holder!

I know it may seem small and petty, but I have asked them to change this three times now, but yesterday another letter came, addressed to him and it just aggravates the fuck out of me angry.

This is coupled with the fact they want to renew my policy at £38 per year more than last year even though we haven't made a claim.

So, AIBU to write to them cancelling my policy and having a little rant about this whole policy holder business?

Trills Fri 11-Jan-13 09:49:08

YANBU

Make sure you tell them exactly why.

they want to renew my policy at £38 per year more than last year even though we haven't made a claim.

All of them do this, this is not a distnguishing feature.

ISeeSmallPeople Fri 11-Jan-13 09:50:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redexpat Fri 11-Jan-13 09:58:38

It's incredibly rude and patronising. YANBU.

Oodhousekeeping Fri 11-Jan-13 10:29:23

I got told they put joint policy holders with the oldest as the first holder. Ours all come joint addressed though.

manicbmc Fri 11-Jan-13 10:31:39

Go no one of those comparing sites and see if you can get a better deal. I managed to get my contents insurance for £35 for the whole year once, through my bank, but on renewal they put the price up to £350!

McNewPants2013 Fri 11-Jan-13 10:32:43

Who is the policy name in, is it yours DH or joint

GoldenHandshake Fri 11-Jan-13 10:38:27

McNewPants2013 The policy is joint, but when signing up I put all of my details as the holder, as I pay for it from my personal bank account, the letters that come are addressed directly to my husband, not even Mr & Mrs and then name him as the policy holder, I appear as some sort of add on. It makes me a bit stabby.

I have now emailed them cancelling the policy, telling them exactly why and how rude I found it, and now ahve a new quite from another provider at under half the price grin

samandi Fri 11-Jan-13 11:58:41

Well done :-) I would be annoyed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now