Talk

Advanced search

WIBU and wrong to ask?

(5 Posts)
wholikesbobcats Thu 10-Jan-13 18:12:18

I've name changed because I'm embarrassed. blush

My manager at work is leaving her job. In addition, she is a part-time therapist. I get on well with her. I have MH problems and have found it really helpful spending time talking to her and I'd like to ask her to be my therapist. I don't want to put her in a difficult position but I don't want to pass up the change to finally get my life back!

CailinDana Thu 10-Jan-13 18:13:38

I'm not sure. I don't know the guidelines but I would imagine there is a warning against taking friends on as clients as it could muddy the patient/therapist relationship. Maybe you could ask her to recommend someone and see what she says?

soulresolution Thu 10-Jan-13 18:16:26

I suppose it will be up to her professional judgement so ask anyway, it's not BU to do that. If you are not friends, only colleagues (ex) I can't see why not especially as you have established a positive connection already which is so crucial.

wholikesbobcats Thu 10-Jan-13 21:18:47

Thank you for responses. If there are any therapists around, I'd really like to hear your opinions please.

You can ask and depending on what type of therapist and what her boundaries are she may do it. I wouldn't as it crosses my ethical boundaries. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now