Talk

Advanced search

wibu to leave 11mo dd at neighbours house?

(6 Posts)
addictedismoving Wed 09-Jan-13 14:02:35

at 8am this morning 2 british gas vans turned up outside, since then they have been drilling, hammering and generally bashing away.

dd2 is difficult enough to settle at teh best of times, but every time she falls asleep the banging starts.

I even took her out so she could sleep, she refused until I was on my way home, then she woke as soon as we walked through the door and she heard the banging.

she is now having a full blown tantrum (cqomplete with kicking me and throwing herself on the floor) because she is just so tired and cant sleep.

So would I be unreasonable to just take her next door and hand her over, I'm not sure how much I can take of this sad come on, how much drilling bashing and hammering could need doing?

*disclaimer, I know I would be completely unreasonable, and I would never, just thinking about it is keeping me sane!*

Sirzy Wed 09-Jan-13 14:05:12

Can you go for a walk to a friends? Hopefully she will fall asleep on the way and you can then relax with a coffee?

FiveSugarsPlease Wed 09-Jan-13 14:09:03

Hi.

I used to get this a lot with my dd when she was younger. She was really sensitive to noises, and the slightest thing would wake her up. I lived in a flat as well, so it was nigh on impossible for her to sleep!

I used to just take her out for naps to the park, and when raining, to the library. She would also only fall asleep when in motion, so i would permanently need to keep pushing her in her pram (she spent first year of her life in a pram, despite the lovely moses basket and cot she had - went into a bed at 11 months old.)

Hopefully this'll just be one day for you. If your neighbour needs a new boiler (or whatever's going on) it can't be helped.

addictedismoving Wed 09-Jan-13 14:09:50

I just took her out for a walk, shes not asleep, although she has calmed down (I mentally composed this while walking!) I've left her in her pushchair in the hallway in the hope that she will fall asleep in there.

Friends live too far away to walk, and around a 45 minute drive in the car (we live in the middle of nowhere) and dd1 is asleep(!?) upstairs (dh is working from home so here for emergancies, but not if she wakes up, he needs to work)

addictedismoving Wed 09-Jan-13 14:12:01

thanks five, I know it cant be helped and they are a lovely older couple who would be horrified if they knew, but after a really bad night with both dds I'm tired and irrational! grin

DeWe Wed 09-Jan-13 14:28:19

Can you get on a bus and go further afield when dd1 wakes? I find when it's like that if I can get away from the house I feel better. She might enjoy a bus ride too?
It wouldn't be unreasonable to knock on the neighbours and ask how long it's going on for. A likely finish point makes me feel better even if they end up running a bit late.

grin
It could be worse...
After staying with my gran once, dm decided to phone up about the headaches we'd been having when there, and the smell of gas. From 200 miles away she didn't know the effect she would have.
Within 2 hours they had discovered a huge gas leak, demolished a neighbour's garage (built without planning permission!) and had evacuated hoses closest to it.

Dgran had the time of her life watching this upheaval for about 6 weeks as they dug up a good amount of the road, several gardens and ended up replacing the whole gas pipes.

Dm never admitted she had caused this grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now