Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to book my 2013 holiday now?

(11 Posts)
goodtoesnaughtytoes Mon 07-Jan-13 16:09:34

I am on maternity leave and go back to work in 3 weeks. I've been looking at hols cos quite a few offers on. I emailed my 'Team Leader' to request the 2 weeks off when we are thinking of going and she replied saying no holidays are being authorised for next holiday year (1st April 2013 onwards) until February! What!? I can't believe that nobody in the whole company has booked their holiday yet. So annoying.

StuntGirl Mon 07-Jan-13 16:13:59

That's pretty standard practice I thought.

VonHerrBurton Mon 07-Jan-13 16:14:34

How long were you with the company before your mat leave started and how long have you had off?

TOTALLY shouldn't matter - you should have the same dibs on holiday dates as everyone else but I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit some bitch someone is whinging 'goodtoes has been on about booking a bloody holiday, she's not even back off mat leave yet' ....

If it's a big company, I'd go above her and ask, anonymously if you feel better, if in fact that is the truth.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 07-Jan-13 16:16:48

I'm in the same boat. We can't book leave till march. Crap.

VonHerrBurton Mon 07-Jan-13 16:25:19

Well maybe it's different where I work blush

Huge nationwide retailer, I booked my two weeks in August last month.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 07-Jan-13 16:27:38

In his last job, my DH couldn't book any leave until 6 weeks before it was needed, and it someone else got there first then tough

BackforGood Mon 07-Jan-13 16:29:18

Does seem a bit unrealistic, but not really the Team Leader's fault, you need to take this up with whoever has made the decision, preferably with the support of lots of other staff.

5Foot5 Mon 07-Jan-13 17:01:31

I booked my holidays for August 2013 back in October last year!

We can't all be off at the same time so the managers have to keep a resource chart to show who has leave when. I realised that, owing to other stuff we have going on next year, then that particular fortnight is the only fortnight I could take so I wanted to make sure I could reserve it before too many others waded in. Turns out it is a good job I did because the project plans for next year are being looked at and boss is muttering about not allowing any leave at that particular time apart from the ones already approved.

I think your company are being a bit unreasonable if they won't let you book hols that far in advance. After all it is surely to there advantage to have as much notice as possible ifthey need to plan things

Groovee Mon 07-Jan-13 17:11:54

I'm restricted to school holidays as I am on a term time contract. But dh couldn't put his forms in for our holidays this year until Last week.

goodtoesnaughtytoes Mon 07-Jan-13 19:15:37

It's not a personal thing. They aren't authorising ANY holidays until Feb. We are coming to an end of a Ts&Cs review so I don't know if it has something to do with that as we will be getting 3 extra holiday days. My friend who works there didn't know about not being able to book hols yet but he needs to too so is going to ask.

I have replies to my Team Leader and my Manager just asking why this is.

ThePinkOcelot Mon 07-Jan-13 19:35:25

I booked my annual leave for August in October of last year, so it seems unreasonable to me!

Could you risk maybe book up and hope you actually get the dates you want?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now