Talk

Advanced search

to think anyone who revives a zombie thread should be banished from MN?

(114 Posts)
MardyBra Sat 05-Jan-13 11:44:23

Forever.

derxa Mon 07-Aug-17 16:21:38

Ha ha I've just noticed I've already posted on this.

DividedKingdom Mon 07-Aug-17 16:17:06

Hahahaha this joke never gets old star

FruBayerischOla Mon 07-Aug-17 16:16:21

Indeed!

EyeHalveASpellingChequer Mon 07-Aug-17 16:13:21

!!!!!! ZOMBIE THREAD !!!!!!

How ironic.

Iazarus Mon 07-Aug-17 16:10:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sonyaya Fri 21-Apr-17 11:17:48

It doesn't bother me, in fact I've come across some interesting threads that have been revived! Nor does it bother me if people start a thread on something that's already been covered In a previous thread (which I imagine applies to most topics and one of the things I love about MN is that it is a busy forum with lots of threads).

BitchyHen Fri 21-Apr-17 11:11:14

grin

insancerre Fri 21-Apr-17 10:53:15

I don't think people should post on a zombie thread, ever
Are they brain dead or summat?

RachelRagged Fri 21-Apr-17 10:49:21

Found myself on one the other day , , a local mumsnet though.
Somebody else had posted so I joined in (giving advise really on schools) and then noticed it was a zombie one .. Didn't matter though as the poster asking of schools had put her post on the same day.

I remember reading one long long saga and wondering of the outcome but it was posted 2 years ago I noted.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Fri 21-Apr-17 10:48:23

I revived the cousin/takeaway thread a few months ago. It had been linked on here, and I posted something like "I wonder if this ever got resolved?" or something.

Also, how long is "too long"? Where do you draw the line?

Firesuit Fri 21-Apr-17 10:07:21

The trouble with the Mumsnet Zombie thread warning is that you only see it before posting, after you've spent half-an-hour reading to the end.

Perhaps they could allow us to define a Zombie thread colour scheme that differs from our normal one, so it's immediately obvious that a thread is old. Or, even simpler, always display individual post dates in red, if they are "old".

MiltopMighty Fri 21-Apr-17 10:06:28

Ha! Took me about 5 minutes of reading...

Funny.

RandomDent Fri 21-Apr-17 10:04:57

Guess when I worked out this was a Zombie. sad

TeenageCentaurMortificado Fri 21-Apr-17 09:57:46

Just cackled tbusmile

derxa Fri 21-Apr-17 09:57:25

Probably grin But what I've noticed is that the zombie threads are ones I actually want to read.

fucksakenethuns Fri 21-Apr-17 09:55:04

tbusmile

random12 Fri 21-Apr-17 09:52:08

They should probably be banned.

K80theshade Tue 20-Oct-15 14:55:46

What is wrong with necro'ing threads? There are these funny things in the world called OTHER PEOPLE, and these mysterious beings may wish to, at some later date, add something of value to some discussion which may have started years ago.
So what? These "other people" things can get something of value by reading/studying the thread weeks, months or even years after it was started.
Perhaps the OP is no longer following/responding, but so what?
Can someone explain to me why information not recently generated is considered unworthy of sight? Why is it everyone else's fault if one person cannot be bothered to notice the OP date if it is so important to them?
SMDH.

RandomNPC Wed 21-Jan-15 18:03:29

There's nothing wrong with reviving one of your own zombie threads with an update, Shakey. I wish more people would! I often wonder what happened in some threads and would love an update.
Congrats BTW smile

Shakey1500 Wed 21-Jan-15 17:07:42

I revived a zombie thread (twas mine originally) yesterday and nobody else commented sad

I was updating my "Has anyone won a tax credits overpayment dispute" circa 2012 with the grand news that I had indeed won grin

All congratulations received gratefully smile

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Tue 20-Jan-15 18:57:28

And yes, I get that it's funny posting that on a thread that's years old but it's still true. grin

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Tue 20-Jan-15 18:54:57

What's the point giving your opinion on a thread that's years old though?

Which nursery should my son go to
details option 1 with specific detail re their situation
details option 2 with specific detail re their situation

5 years later someone rocks up and says well, sounds like option 1 might be good for you...

Really not sure the OP still cares grin

It's like going into an empty room where someone had a conversation a week ago and yelling AND ANOTHER THING

nooooooobody cares.

If you want to help - you aren't. If you just want to type something - there's loads of threads where people are asking for advice now where you're much more use than offering an opinion on what someone might have liked for dinner 9 years ago.

I mean, it doesn't matter, of course it doesn't. but it's pointless.

o0 Tue 20-Jan-15 18:49:48

Fuck!

Got me. grin

I read all the way through and only clocked the date when I saw a post from scottishmummy and knew she hadn't posted in a long while!

Imscarlet Tue 20-Jan-15 18:30:55

I think the problem is that there are different rules for different forums. On another forum on which I participate, if you ask a question you are immediately shouted at for not using the search function. On another one, moderators merge threads with similar themes. It's different rules everywhere. Who has time to read the rules. The best way to get to know a forum is to jump in.

wigglybeezer Tue 20-Jan-15 18:25:44

Ha, I just came to make a point and realised that I had made the exact point two years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now