Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your advice

(13 Posts)
happynewmind Fri 04-Jan-13 23:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

minesapintofwine Fri 04-Jan-13 23:47:55

I would definately talk to the school again in more depth. It is the teachers problem unfortunately if there is bullying in her class she should be awareorry for short/unhelpful post hope it all gets sorted sad

HollyBerryBush Fri 04-Jan-13 23:48:38

i dont understand who did what and who posts what theough what letterbox

Kleptronic Fri 04-Jan-13 23:49:16

Speak to the mother and the school, tell her you will be informing the school. I'm assuming the note was in the child's handwriting, and your dc hadn't borrowed the toys. Extortion is wrong at any age. She better or what?

happynewmind Fri 04-Jan-13 23:54:37

happynewmind Fri 04-Jan-13 23:55:59

RyleDup Sat 05-Jan-13 00:00:13

So another child left a note in your dd's bag telling her to post some of her toys through the other childs letterbox. Yes?

If so, speak to the school.

happynewmind Sat 05-Jan-13 00:09:59

HoneyDragon Sat 05-Jan-13 00:12:40

Yes you must tell the school. And the parent can then be told so that the other toys can be returned.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Sat 05-Jan-13 00:18:49

It is the school's business, absolutely.

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 05-Jan-13 00:22:36

happynewmind Sat 05-Jan-13 00:25:56

Startail Sat 05-Jan-13 00:34:59

It is schools business, schools generally don't let children older than reception bring toys in.

If they do, I'm sorry, but they can't wash their hands of the mess that results.

I'm guessing your DD is a Y5, therefore the other DC is taking advantage and it's not a misunderstanding.

I would insist they wrote to this child's parents asking for the toys back and enclosing a copy of the letter their child wrote yours.

DD1 had a horrible time with boys hiding her stuff, at this age. They knew she would fuss and the teacher would just shrug and tell her she'd been careless.

Your DDs teachers need to acknowledge what's going on and put a stop to it.

DDs main teacher never would have, fortunately her lovely Friday teacher did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now