Talk

Advanced search

To be a traditional sahm ??

(864 Posts)
ProudMum4Eva Wed 02-Jan-13 22:16:39

I personal have never been flamed for my choice in life, however I see many people who continuously get some sort of insult for their life choices. So here I thought I would share all for the first time.
I am 34 years old I got married at 18 straight from college. I am happily married with five wonderful children who I adore and do everything for. I have NEVER worked (outside the family home) my DH has always worked. He works traditional hours leaves about 8:10 mon-fri and is home for around 5:30. I do everything in the home cleaning, cooking, bathing the younger children, ironing and so on. I dote on my children and my husband. I love it they do not need to help me in the house I look after them and that is what I am good at.

Amothersruin Sat 05-Jan-13 23:06:38

Is mother a dirty word then?hmm

janey68 Sat 05-Jan-13 23:08:02

<<. Anyone else thinking: back to work on Monday and rational conversation rather than the mad ranting on mumsnet. >>. grin

catgirl1976geesealaying Sat 05-Jan-13 23:16:50

If SAH is prostitution, I am paying DH waaaay too much. He does feck all around the house and if I work out the cost per shag I bet I could swap a years worth for one go on Eric northman....

sunshine401 Sat 05-Jan-13 23:18:30

maybe if you got off your arse and into the real world you'd be able to hold a discussion

no bitchiness there is there hmm

Do not take it to heart any SAHM it is really is not worth it. smile

chandellina Sat 05-Jan-13 23:29:43

Wohms might qualify as slaves and prostitutes as well. Most of us are subsidised by higher earners.

AnnieLobeseder Sat 05-Jan-13 23:32:00

Chandellina - especially those women who work the same hours as their OH and are still expected to do all the domestic work and childcare!

chandellina Sat 05-Jan-13 23:34:21

Women get the short end of the stick, fact.

allnewtaketwo Sun 06-Jan-13 14:13:33

So if the woman is the higher earner does the husband qualify as a prostitute?

AnnieLobeseder Sun 06-Jan-13 14:16:03

I think he would be a gigolo.

catgirl1976geesealaying Sun 06-Jan-13 15:01:55

I must inform DH of his new title grin

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 06-Jan-13 15:03:45

God the wine went to my head last night blush

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 15:21:33

Not entirely sure what the point is op. Just to say your dc are growing up and it be beneficial to them to know how to work the washing machine/ cook a meal/ see you have your own interests and them come second for once.

I assume you have interesting outside interests and hobbies that don't involve your dc and you and your dh can chat about or do together as you might feel a bit lonely when they push off to uni or traveling or whatever and don't want to spend summer hols with you or Christmas for that matter. They might have other

I hope mine do, I fancy a bit of back packing when mine go and they will have to be able to look after themselves. I don't want them panicking because the ironing fairy has gone walkabout. Me and dh talk about our big trip a lotsmile

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 15:22:32

Other plans!!

Avuncular Mon 07-Jan-13 18:31:28

Well .... if that was only a bunfight, what does a catfight look like ??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: