Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed that DP doesn't believe anything on MN?

(46 Posts)
PenguinBear Wed 02-Jan-13 20:07:36

Every single thing on MN he thinks is made up. He asks me what I'm reading, then laughs and tells me how of course it's made up and I'm stupid to get sucked in/reply. I'm not talking trip-trap threads either, just everyday things like what people are having for dinner.

But if I don't tell him what I'm reading, he gets all huffy so I can't win hmm.

AIBU to be annoyed that he doubts everything? It's not just on MN, on tv, when someone cries he always says it's fake. I find it quite irritating, especially when someone is clearly crying real tears on a documentary or for something genuinely emotional.

BoomBoomBoom Wed 02-Jan-13 20:15:22

My DP is the same.

I've even told him to have a look on here but he says 99.9% of the stuff will be made up and he's not wasting his time but he plays a war game that uses real money sometimes

So YANBU. I jus tell him "mn" when he asks what I'm finding funny and ignore him

peaceandlovebunny Wed 02-Jan-13 20:21:57

i'm a size 8. and 25. and deeply hot.
they can believe that, or not. up to them.

HollyBerryBush Wed 02-Jan-13 20:24:34

Meh - Im a super model and I'm filling in time till I land in the seychelles for my next photoshoot

>tres famous<

Yakshemash Wed 02-Jan-13 20:26:03

Is he a bit of an arse in other ways, OP? Is it because we're just a bunch of WIMMIN, YACKING ON?

Sparklingbrook Wed 02-Jan-13 20:26:06

I think your DP may be my DH. He says it is all made up. If I read anything to him he says something like 'Did that really happen though, really? Then does the hmm face.

TeWiSavesTheDay Wed 02-Jan-13 20:28:26

What a bizarre attitude.

How does he react if you/your dc (if you have any) get upset? Or have a funny anecdote?

AliceWChild Wed 02-Jan-13 20:31:12

So he thinks that the whole of MN is an elaborate hoax to trick you? Like that film where that guy is living in a game show? Now that would be unbelievable.

FredWorms Wed 02-Jan-13 20:32:33

DP is the other way. Anything we ever want to know the answer to he says "ask your MN friends".

He's right though.

StuntGirl Wed 02-Jan-13 21:25:54

My (male) friends say the same thing. I tell them 95% is probably real and 5% is probably fake, just like any other forum on the internet. And then look sadly at them for being so silly.

SirBoobAlot Wed 02-Jan-13 21:40:12

So he puts you down for what you say, but sulks if you won't give him the opportunity to make you feel bad?

Delightful.

Is he as much of a prick in other aspects?

ikltownofboothlehem Wed 02-Jan-13 21:41:40

He's got an MN alter ego & he's trying to put you off so you don't suss him out.

SavoyCabbage Wed 02-Jan-13 21:42:14

Even the ones about cleaning your washing machine and what coat to buy?

Cuddlyrunner Wed 02-Jan-13 21:44:26

My husband joined, with photos of both of us on his profile and told thereon that he was my hubby, I don't have a pic cos I work in a school and am pretty sure there will be some of 'my' mums on here! after 24 hours he said he could never come on here again because he wanted to shout at people=phew!

priscilla101 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:48:41

Ha, I tell my DH that I think all football results are fixed and sometimes the cricket too....winds him right up....try that as a retaliation?

Avuncular Wed 02-Jan-13 21:59:02

Tell him to join - without sharing nicknames.

Then he'll find out for himself.

Mind you, I stopped believing everything I read in the papers once I started getting published myself .......

(I'm a Grandpa BTW)

tethersjinglebellend Wed 02-Jan-13 21:59:51

It's like I was saying to Dustin Hoffman the other day, some people are just so cynical.

complexnumber Wed 02-Jan-13 22:01:27

But surely noone believes everything that is posted on here!

Isn't that part of the fun and daily banter; sorting out who is posting in good faith and who is posting as a knob

InNeedOfBrandy Wed 02-Jan-13 22:01:56

I don't understand why they wouldn't believe the majority of it.

Really apart from a few sad trolls and the few exaggerations most people on here are on here for a natter a laugh and advice. Why would the majority of people make things up?

muriel76 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:08:14

TETHERS gringrin

purrpurr Wed 02-Jan-13 22:10:19

My DH just doesn't like MN - it's a load of wimmin, so essentially a load of bollocks. Which is just charming. Still, MN has made me realise that being married to my DH is like having to hold my breath for the 9 hours we're together each day. And that maybe that's not such a good thing. I think MN is wonderful, both in terms of a resource for information on all kinds of topics, as well as a place folk can reach out to talk.

I'm disturbed that my own DH begrudges me something that I enjoy using. It's a shame other partners are like this. Maybe to them, MN is a threat?

peaceandlovebunny Thu 03-Jan-13 00:06:42

don't take your oh so seriously. men come, men go. as it were.

HoneyDragon Thu 03-Jan-13 00:15:01

A while go there was a thread on here where someone's dh had locked themselves in the garge.

Dh sneered and said it was made up as no one was that stupid and I t was impossible. I pointed out that 3 days earlier he needed medical attention due to badly poking himself in the eye..... With his finger hmm. Just as stupid and unbelievable.

He took the point. No further comments have been made grin

WhoTookMyDough Thu 03-Jan-13 00:15:16

There is a LOT of fiction on MN though, especially in AIBU.

MammaTJ Thu 03-Jan-13 00:16:09

I know someone who said that Jade Goodys cancer was made up as a publicity stunt. One hell of a publicity stunt that turned out to be. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now