Talk

Advanced search

to be sick of New Year Resolutions?

(11 Posts)
HannahsSister40 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:16:09

I like carbs.
I like alcohol.
I like chocolate.
I don't think you have to eliminate something from your diet entirely in order to be healthy.
Also, there's an awful lot of Woo around, on Facebook and Twitter, talking about the spiritual meaning of life and everyone seems to be going on a 'journey' in 2013 to some spiritual paradise. And I wish I could be less Meh about it.
Just me?

carocaro Tue 01-Jan-13 13:20:41

I agree, if you have not got your finger out to change something about your life you are not best pleased with so far or feel is missing, staying up to midnight and pontificating to all those willing to listen to your ramblings, won't suddenly change anything. All engergies are best put into long term effort and graft, so shut the F up!

Happy New Year!

HannahsSister40 Tue 01-Jan-13 13:37:08

happy New year!

OkayHazel Tue 01-Jan-13 16:29:03

New years resolutions do not have to be about removing the things you like!

Why not resolve to eat more chocolate?

Waitingforastartofall Tue 01-Jan-13 16:35:53

I dont do new years resolutions its a let down when it doesnt happen. if people wanted to change they would of done it by now, or they will do it April ( or any other god given month) its just a way to sound like a smug git smile All those who vow not to touch anything unhealthy and not drink at all and be a better person will be the same person they were yesterday just moody cause they cant have chips.

OkayHazel Wed 02-Jan-13 14:01:19

Its a let down when it doesnt happen

You're only letting yourself down! You're the one responsible for yourself! Don't act like a victim because you failed to keep a NY promise!

Cortana Wed 02-Jan-13 14:09:02

You could change it round? As previous posters have said, you don't have to give something up.

My resolution is to bake a cake every week for my family, something new that I've never done before. Hoping to learn some new recipes, improve my skills and do something nice for everyone.

Just because everyone is giving something up for the first two weeks of Jan the year doesn't mean they'll be any happier of healthier though. So YANBU.

Happy New Year.

cocoachannel Wed 02-Jan-13 14:10:36

One of mine is to bake a loaf of bread every Saturday. I made one yesterday to kick things off!

Waitingforastartofall Wed 02-Jan-13 14:11:20

most of my plans for the new year are more things to do as a family, which depend on the financial situation we are in and amount of time we have without work commitments ect so not exactly making myself a victim but I know what you mean. if my resolution was to get fit I wouldn't be sat on the couch eating donuts moaning about it not happening.

Waitingforastartofall Wed 02-Jan-13 14:30:50

since you gave started me thinking of positive changes to make for 2013 rather than giving things up what other positive changes are people making. anyone got any ideas for doing more together as a family without a car and on a small budget smile.

BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack Wed 02-Jan-13 14:32:11

I don't believe in New Years Resolutions. If you want to change something in your life change it now, don't wait for a certain date, it is ridiculous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: