loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU,or could this be harmful?

(10 Posts)
KittyBreadfan Sat 29-Dec-12 20:40:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AllSnowballsAndNoKnickers Sat 29-Dec-12 20:42:10

If it was a friend, a close one, then maybe you could spark a discussion but an acquaintance? No - I wouldn't if I were you. Not really your business and she might get really pissed at you. Presumably the other kids are older and walking?

Fairyegg Sat 29-Dec-12 20:42:34

You may have a point but if she's only an acquaintance I don't see how you can say / do anything about it.

Loveweekends10 Sat 29-Dec-12 20:42:54

YANBU but she won't take it well.

pjmama Sat 29-Dec-12 20:45:43

I don't think it's wise to make judgements based on a few snapshots. As it's her 3rd child I would assume she has some idea what she's doing and presumably the older two learned to walk ok. My DD didn't walk until she was about 20 months, and only then because I pretty much plonked her on her feet and made her. She took her first steps months before that, but was just bone idle I think! They're all different and if the family aren't concerned, then I wouldn't get involved. They probably wouldn't thank you for your advice!

Busyoldfool Sat 29-Dec-12 20:45:53

Yes she should teach the child to walk, the child won't learn if s/he is strapped into a pushchair. Have a gentle word if you can, and find out a bit more.

KittyBreadfan Sat 29-Dec-12 20:54:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MikeOxardInTheSnow Sat 29-Dec-12 20:54:54

Maybe when he is in the pushchair is the only time she has hands free to get the camera out. I wouldn't say anything, you aren't close enough to judge if this child spends too much time in a pushchair or not. Even if there is a problem, an acquaintance mentioning it is not likely to change anything is it.

MammaTJ Sat 29-Dec-12 20:57:33

You are not coming across as a bitch, just a concerned friend. Do you know who her HV is? You could maybe ring them on the quiet and get them to look in to it.

AnneTwacky Sat 29-Dec-12 20:59:04

I seriously think you need to take a step back from this. You can't know everything that's happening here from a few photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now