Talk

Advanced search

To think they could have said thanks for presents

(10 Posts)
CatWithARabbit Fri 28-Dec-12 23:43:09

Hope I am not being sensitive. But , sent family presents up north with BIL. Presents to 2 x adults, 2 x children. Gifts all purchased from Wish Lists with an extra one for everyone .'AIBU to feel annoyed to not have had even a thank you text

skatebauble Fri 28-Dec-12 23:46:18

I've only thanked one lot by phone. The rest I will sort in next week or so. I'm enjoying the break tbh.
Yabu it's far too early to be annoyed.

freddiefrog Fri 28-Dec-12 23:51:23

I think it's a bit early to be annoyed yet.

We've phoned and thanked most people, but we're away from home gradually working our way round various friends and relatives before we go home, and we haven't even received all the presents yet.

Once we get home at the weekend, we'll send out thank you notes

Nanny0gg Fri 28-Dec-12 23:53:52

No you're not.
Rude.

PandaG Fri 28-Dec-12 23:56:41

we are just home from travels, DC will be writing thank you notes this weekend - some presents were opened today once we got home.

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 29-Dec-12 00:01:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CatWithARabbit Sat 29-Dec-12 00:09:00

Recipients are at home. TBH they have a track record of never acknowledging gifts. We always say thank you for our gifts ( which will not arrive until next week when BIl gets back down south ), as soon as we receive them. We will ring to say thank you.

CatWithARabbit Sat 29-Dec-12 00:17:31

Old Bag - letters in post would never happen! I get DD to write TY letters to overseas people but family/friends here we would acknowledge by text or phone .
I suppose I feel it would be quick to text a thank you , especially when you got exactly what you asked for. On my defence I am older and was brought up to say thank you - in any format.

izzyizin Sat 29-Dec-12 00:43:56

Maybe they wait until you call them to thank them for their gifts to thank you for yours?

Why not delay your thank you call until 2014 for a couple of weeks?

OldBagWantsNewBag Sat 29-Dec-12 16:38:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now