Talk

Advanced search

to think the professionals should be giving advice at least rather than wanting to hospitalize my special needs son??

(28 Posts)
devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 19:48:56

My son has special needs with an obvious disability. However his life is limited to the house or car. He has severe anxiety and issues disclosed but never supported.

AIBU to think, why can't they help these issues instead of keep trying to break the habit so to speak with a hospital stay?

Never mind that, the stays do not break the habit and he comes up with more and more issues that need sorted instead.

Please be kind, but if anyone can think of how to help before he is took away, let me know? TIA x

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 27-Dec-12 19:53:50

you need to give more info about what his needs are before anyone can comment.

i also wonder why you posted in AIBU expecting kindness. post this in SN topic if you want proper advice on SN.

CatchingMockingbirds Thu 27-Dec-12 19:54:12

Why is he being hospitalised and by who?

peaceandlovebunny Thu 27-Dec-12 19:55:02

wishing you solutions.

mercibucket Thu 27-Dec-12 19:58:43

The SN board is a better place for this. You could re-post or ask mumsnet to move it. Aibu is not the place for 'gentle' replies. Hope you find some answers.k

mercibucket Thu 27-Dec-12 19:58:45

The SN board is a better place for this. You could re-post or ask mumsnet to move it. Aibu is not the place for 'gentle' replies. Hope you find some answers.k

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 19:59:56

I post here as there's more traffic, my posts on SN are sometimes overlooked. I'm not expecting kindness but feel very isolated and emotional so maybe it's best I get this pulled.

FWIW he has loads of needs but is primarily down syndrome. The social worker thinks it's best for him to break his habits. His habits are his needs.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 27-Dec-12 20:03:15

if you are feeling emotional then definitely get this pulled from AIBU.

this isn't an urgent response needed thread so you dont need tonnes of response.

repost in SN and you will get replies from people who know what the issues you face are and what help and support you can get. smile

Pantomimedam Thu 27-Dec-12 20:06:56

I hope you get some responses in SN that can help you with what sounds like an incredibly difficult situation. Are you in touch with any support groups for the parents of children in similar situations to your ds?

colleysmill Thu 27-Dec-12 20:08:39

Have they given any reason why they think hospital is best? Are there services he can access from inpatients that aren't available as regularly as an outpatient?

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:08:43

Iv'e asked for the thread to be pulled but not moved.

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:10:27

I am Panto but he has other issues and doesn't fit iyswim.

Never thought of that Colley, will find that out, thanks.

WottingerAndWottingerAreDead Thu 27-Dec-12 20:11:26

OP can you say a little bit more about your sons needs?

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:14:43

Apart from the obvious medical, heart etc. He also has social phobia, school phobia, autistic traits and PDA traits. He is being seen bu someone in Jan for the latter which we all hope will help. However he refuses to dress, is naked all the time, and the only time he will leave the house is for a drive (obviously with PJ bottoms on then). Thats his life in a nutshell. Isolated, in turn so am I.

lunar1 Thu 27-Dec-12 20:15:00

What are the habits they want to break?

TheNebulousBoojum Thu 27-Dec-12 20:15:15

Devlish, you've posted quite a bit in SN already, under your usual name and your Christmas namechange, and had responses.
What do you need that you haven't found yet, and are there any other forums you could post on that will have more precise advice than MN SN?

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:15:44

sorry everything else outside of that causes him huge anxiety. He doesn't like the noise, crowds, kids, people, places etc.

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:16:48

I think maybe it's the brick wall we keep hitting, trying to get him help.

lunar1 Thu 27-Dec-12 20:18:17

I'm guessing he has been in hospital before and this gas not broken his habits. Sounds like he needs to work on these things from home and gradually getting him out, do you have any support op

WottingerAndWottingerAreDead Thu 27-Dec-12 20:19:34

OP how long has he not been dressing? Are you being offered any respite type help?

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:19:51

Iv'e done all the downs groups. I suppose I didn't want to post in SN........thinking 'here she goes again'.

Feeling a bit down due to holiday help not coming etc. I suppose.

Then the SW tried to go to a drive thru with him today, no such luck and out this came again.

WottingerAndWottingerAreDead Thu 27-Dec-12 20:19:55

OP how long has he not been dressing? Are you being offered any respite type help?

WottingerAndWottingerAreDead Thu 27-Dec-12 20:20:18

Sorry!

devilishmangerdanger Thu 27-Dec-12 20:20:54

I will be back if the thread is still here, I have to do the usual ritual drive.

RowanTheRedNosedMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Dec-12 20:23:44

Hi devilishdangermanger

We've sent a reply to the email address you have registered with us (just in case you didn't see it). We're happy to leave the thread if you're finding it useful.

Thanks
MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now