Talk

Advanced search

to cgange ds birthday plans to suit df

(23 Posts)
wonderingsoul Thu 27-Dec-12 19:38:34

it's my son's 4th birthday tomorrow and I planned on taking him and his brother to build a bear and pizza hut.

I asked if my parents wanted to come along. my treat obvi. my mum was happy to but my dad hasb phoned and said he doesn't like pizza hut so would just have a coffee.. then silence.. then if youIinsist on pizza hut and not pizza express I'll stay at home. or just come to build a bear but he can't just go home after because of travel issues. he can't drive but my mum will be.

I have to point out he is very kind tob us and oftent takes us out .to eat. and wasn't really rude on the phone just I know he wanted me to change my mind.

I chose pizza hut because I love it. haunt been in years. it that the ice cream factory that the kids will love. plus it's cheap.

I can't afford pizza express and tbh I'm not that keen on their food.

I feel bad now. and just want .to cry. I don't know what to do I don't want to hurt him but I feel like I' am if I stick with my idea.

Tuppence2 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:41:03

Would he not just have a pasta dish at pizza hut?
It seems a bit unfair if you have already told your boys about the plans, and things have to change for granddad...

wonderingsoul Thu 27-Dec-12 19:42:38

no he's very stubborn and a character at the best of times.

part of me things just suck it up for a day.Itaking not going to kill him is it.

peaceandlovebunny Thu 27-Dec-12 19:43:42

he's being a pillock. either he fits in or he effs off.

DPotter Thu 27-Dec-12 19:44:07

if you and the children prefer Pizza Hut for the food and the price - stick with your choice. Bit cheeky of him to pressure you towards another restaurant if you ask me. it's not as if it's his birthday. Have a lovely time ! have you checked for vouchers on their website ?

CatchingMockingbirds Thu 27-Dec-12 19:44:19

Don't change the plans. It's your ds's birthday not your dads.

simplesusan Thu 27-Dec-12 19:44:50

Is anyone else going or is it just family?
If others have been invited then stick to original plans.
If just family then I would be tempted to change.
It is only pizza afterall.

Tuppence2 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:48:09

So, what's the difference between going to Pizza Hut and Pizza Express? What would he have at Pizza Express?

I went out for a friend's birthday meal to an Indian restaurant (and I don't like Indian food) I just had lamb chops and rice, because I didn't want to miss out on a special night. It never would've occurred to me to ask her to change it because I didn't like it! hmm

Pozzled Thu 27-Dec-12 19:48:27

Will it matter to your son? It's his birthday, if he prefers pizza hut then don't change the plans. Your dad is an adult, if he thinks the food is that bad he should just come for a coffee and eat later. What a ridiculous thing to get upset about. (Him, not you.)

mum11970 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:50:19

Tell him to just suck it up and get on with it. Sometimes we just have to eat somewhere that wouldn't be our own personal preference but that is life.

FestiveElement Thu 27-Dec-12 19:55:04

It's not your Dads birthday, it's your sons. If your son prefers Pizza Hut, then that's where you should go. My ds's love the ice cream machine there too!

I think your dad is being very selfish. It's not about him, and if he wants to go to pizza express when it's his birthday, then he can.

wonderingsoul Thu 27-Dec-12 19:56:52

the difference is the taste according to him ph is like chewing cardboard.
my son would prob enjoy pizza hut more but would be happy ether way. it more me that's wanting .ph due to happy memorie iyswim and the cost is a lot cheaper.

if it was any one else. Id say stuff ya.. my parents is a different matter. I feel guilt tripped and has put a bit of a dapmnrr on it for me
shall look up vouchers tomorrow and print any off at ny parents thank you for that! !

wonderingsoul Thu 27-Dec-12 19:58:47

yeah.. the ice cream factory is a very big thing there looking forward to. :D..me to if I'm honest lol

Startail Thu 27-Dec-12 19:59:55

Pizza hut is cheaper and far more 4y friendly than Pizza Express (which my 11&14y) prefer.

I think DF has to put up or shut up, which if your DF is anything like mine, can be hard to arrange.

Pandemoniaa Thu 27-Dec-12 20:03:06

I much prefer Pizza Express to Pizza Hut and for the same reason that the OP's df has said.

But then it isn't his party is it? And I can completely understand why Pizza Hut is by far the better choice of the two. So YANBU in sticking to your plans, OP. Your df is old enough to have the good manners to accept that this isn't about him and graciously go wherever you've planned.

Whistlingwaves Thu 27-Dec-12 20:07:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tuppence2 Thu 27-Dec-12 20:51:34

It's for a 4 year old's birthday... Sorry but IMO, you DF needs to just suck it up (and have some ice cream! grin )

ChaoticforlifenotjustChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 20:55:17

Stick with your choice. Your DF is an adult, he can suck it up.

EverybodysSnowyEyed Thu 27-Dec-12 20:58:36

just tell your df that your ds would love for him to be there but pizza hut is the chosen venue. you would be really pleased if he would come and have a coffee if he doesn't feel he could eat

your parents shouldn't be making you feel guilty. it would be different if he had said 'i can't eat at ph but let me treat you to pe', but to try and change things as a guest is terribly rude

Pantomimedam Thu 27-Dec-12 21:13:48

Your Dad may be lovely in all sorts of ways but he's in the wrong on this one. So Pizza Hut isn't his favourite restaurant, so what. It's not his birthday.

LovesBeingAtHomeForChristmas Thu 27-Dec-12 21:19:08

Sorry but the birthday boy rules, and no where is going to beat the ice cream factory!

ThePinkOcelot Thu 27-Dec-12 21:45:56

stick to your plans. He is being unreasonable!

wonderingsoul Thu 27-Dec-12 21:58:26

tbh he would prob would offer to pay for .pe.. but I want to be the one paying andits besides the point that ph was chosen with the kids in mind not a family get together normal mealout

iv just spoken to my mum and she said not to feel bad. she's still coming so it'll be a nice day out and one iv been planning and looking forward to for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now