Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To go to Tesco in my PJs?

(23 Posts)
RandomMess Wed 26-Dec-12 07:14:28

It opens at 9am, I suspect everyone will else will still be asleep and I don't want to wake them up.

Want to pop in at 9am to see if I can get one of their advertised sale bargains that I reckon will be limited stock.

However I will have to go in my pjs...

Shutupanddrive Wed 26-Dec-12 07:16:11

YABU. What sort of pjs are they?

Doingakatereddy Wed 26-Dec-12 07:17:13

Good god woman, pull yourself together. No you can't bloody go to Tescos in your pj's!

Imagine how you'd feel if you met boss / hot ex lover / teacher / snottyschool gate mum

And it's just wrong.

Jemma1111 Wed 26-Dec-12 07:18:15

Are you kidding?

Why must you go in pj'S?, oh and as I'm soon off to work in retail today let me tell you it WILL be busy, you have been warned !

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Wed 26-Dec-12 07:18:50

Is it that hard to shovel on some jeans and a top? Why would you want to wear nightclothes outside the house?

RandomMess Wed 26-Dec-12 07:20:27

If I go and get dressed I will end up waking everyone up...

Although if I sneak up now and smuggling clcothes out I reckon they'll all be fast asleep and I may get away with it.

Hmmm wonder if I can manage to get my make up bag out.

seeker Wed 26-Dec-12 07:22:22

Depends on the pjs.

RandomMess Wed 26-Dec-12 07:26:34

PJs are like trackie pants so would be ok, howeveI have snuck up and managed to grab a weird ensemble off my chair and my makeup and hair brush so sorted grin

Don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier (to do it now not nearer 9am that is) - lack of sleep perhaps?grin

Sirzy Wed 26-Dec-12 07:29:25

There is never any excuse for an adult to leave the house in pjs (unless the house is on fire of course!)

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Wed 26-Dec-12 07:30:26

Excellent grin that's better! Now you can go and shop on your own in peace which is, frankly, the only way I'd contemplate it.

Isityouorme Wed 26-Dec-12 08:19:20

No way. If you have time to put make up on you have time to put jeans and a jumper on. Go commando if it saves time but get dressed for pity's sake.

MammaTJ Wed 26-Dec-12 08:59:41

If it is anything like our Tesco (offer in limited stores only, never ours) your bargain hunting trip will be a waste of time anyway.

BigShinyBaubles Wed 26-Dec-12 09:03:08

Stay at home. Boxing day shopping is vile. All shops should have to stay closed.
my poor oh is working 6-6 today..whens his family time?
If you must go, best get dressed!!

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Wed 26-Dec-12 09:08:57

Shop online? What is all this craziness about Boxing Day sales?

manticlimactic Wed 26-Dec-12 09:32:29

I'd check the store policy. The one near me has a ban on people shopping in PJs

loveschocolate Wed 26-Dec-12 09:43:44

I thought going to the supermarket in pjs was an urban myth until I saw it earlier this week. It's skanky. You're having a laugh and trying to make excuses - perfectly possible to get dressed without waking an entire household speaking as someone who temporarily lived with 4 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bed house!

MrsKeithRichards Wed 26-Dec-12 09:50:48

I also refuse to shop on boxing day.

Poor staff getting no Christmas at all.

RedHelenB Wed 26-Dec-12 10:54:16

BSB _ I agree & never shop on Boxing Day on principle!!!

Convict224 Wed 26-Dec-12 10:57:14

Well, I went shopping in Dunnes Stores (similar to M&S) in Galway and I saw a young Mum (25ish) dressed in pjs, dressing gown and slippers with her child aged 2ish dressed the same.

She looked dire, her child looked lovely, but she looked a holy show.

I admit I stopped and stared, did the old cartoon double take, I was about to point and laugh when I noticed she was staring back with a kind of feral angry look.

At that point, I legged it.

I was just opening my eyes and looking for my Kettle and my neighbours were coming in with bags from Next! No pj's though, 2 people just passed my window on the way to the Bus Stop, they had their on though, Winnie Pooh ones. hmm

flow4 Wed 26-Dec-12 11:09:47

There's an actual BAN on PJs in your local supermarket, mantic?! That makes me want to rush down to Tescos in mine immediately! grin

HoHoHokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Wed 26-Dec-12 11:12:28

Oh god YABU, i get all judgey when i see people out in their pjs grin

Wafflenose Wed 26-Dec-12 11:13:22

Glad you got dressed in the end, OP! I got up at 5.30 this morning to go to the Next sale, and managed to get dressed without waking anyone. The alarm clock woke DH however! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now