Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to tell my neighbours?

(18 Posts)
DressMe Mon 24-Dec-12 11:35:15

I live in a terrace with houses backing on to mine. They have low windows in the bathrooms and no blinds.

AIBU to to send an anonymous Christmas card telling them I can clearly everything. If not, any suggestions for wording?

My current favourite is "Please install a blind in your bathroom. We can see you pee, poop and wipe. From all on X Road".

BluelightsAndSirens Mon 24-Dec-12 11:37:48

Ha ha do it

buggerama Mon 24-Dec-12 11:55:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LondonElfInFestiveCheerBoots Mon 24-Dec-12 12:48:19

God, tell them they likely have no idea!

Or buy them a blind for Xmas and leave it anonymously on their doorstep with a note saying 'This is for your bathroom. Its more a present for all of US! Merry Christmas'

Theicingontop Mon 24-Dec-12 12:53:01

Ahhhh how embarrassing.

"Dear neighbour, as it's the season of goodwill I thought it appropriate to tell you that we can see right through your bathroom window. Merry Christmas!"

And leave it with a roll of frosty sticky back plastic. (Cheaper than a blind)

grin

carabos Mon 24-Dec-12 12:56:25

You must live next to me. I had exactly the same thought last night as I inadvertently watched my neighbour opposite go into his bathroom, have a pee, adjust his dress, flush (can't confirm if he washed his hands grin) turn the light off again and leave. hmm. Grim.

Chottie Mon 24-Dec-12 12:59:54

This is just awful!!! Don't people realise!!!

Pendipidy Mon 24-Dec-12 13:00:52

adjust HIS DRESS?! shock

HECTheHallsWithRowsAndFolly Mon 24-Dec-12 13:02:10

carabos. do tell more...

MagicHouse Mon 24-Dec-12 13:10:01

Or buy them a blind for Xmas and leave it anonymously on their doorstep with a note saying 'This is for your bathroom. Its more a present for all of US! Merry Christmas'

Love this suggestion grin

BettySuarez Mon 24-Dec-12 13:19:36

I wouldn't sign it 'from the whole street' that would send me into a state of deep paranoia and depression sad

How about signing it 'from a friendly neighbour' - much kinder?

helpyourself Mon 24-Dec-12 13:29:52

yy 'from a friendly neighbour' and gentler than your op. They'd be mortified, surely.

MerryChristmasEverybody Mon 24-Dec-12 13:40:43

Sorry but why are you watching? I can understand if you glance out your window at the time, but why stand then and continue to watch?

FeistyLass Mon 24-Dec-12 13:53:07

Is the window not frosted glass? or can you still see outlines through the frosted glass? confused

DizzyHoneyBee Mon 24-Dec-12 14:02:29

DS's friend's bathroom is at the front of their house and they have no blinds. Once I was dropping DS off there for the morning and his visiting uncle was clearly having a wash in the basin that must be right under the window - the whole street could see!

whathasthecatdonenow Mon 24-Dec-12 15:17:35

We have a similar problem. House across has frosted glass and a blind, but first thing in the morning they open the blind wide, whilst in the nude, and you can see everything they do in the bathroom from that point on. They frosted glass is rubbish. I can see it from my sitting room window, which I can see through from my sofa.

DressMe Mon 24-Dec-12 17:44:43

Have changed the wording to "from a friendly neighbour" and posted to both houses. They both have frosted glass but we can clearly see absolutely everything. Really.

We smoke outside and our smoke breaks often coincide with one of their loo breaks. It's really hard not to notice!

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 24-Dec-12 18:00:19

By dress I assume carabos means which way he "hangs"?! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now