Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly miffed at DH.

(24 Posts)
MrsJingleBells74 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:18:34

Told DH that all I wanted today was to have 10 minutes or so to sort my hair out. Have a toddler & a 3 month old so hair usually covered in sick scraped back & I just wanted it to look nice for a change.

DH 'forgot' so my hair still looks dreadful & I can't do it now as both DS are in bed.

AIBU to be slightly miffed? I know it's fairly minor but I've been feeling so unglamorous since having DS2 & was looking forward to a few minutes 'me time'.

Shellywelly1973 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:23:46

You need to be straight with Dh. If he forgets next time plop the baby&toddler on his lap &go &do your hair.

My dp took ages to realise i needed the odd hour to myself. I thought he should know & would get annoyed at him for not offering to sort the dc out...I learnt to remind him!!

DrSeuss Sun 23-Dec-12 21:24:32

It was ten minutes out of his day to let his wife do something nice for herself that she was looking forward to you. YADNBU!

HollyBerryBush Sun 23-Dec-12 21:24:47

forgot?
You just pass the children over and go upstairs.

Fairylea Sun 23-Dec-12 21:25:04

I don't expect dh to offer ... I just say I'm going to do something and off I go. Try it next time smile

DrSeuss Sun 23-Dec-12 21:25:12

* to. You*

RillaBlythe Sun 23-Dec-12 21:27:03

Of course you should have got the time.

But sounds like you need to pro-active taking the moment.

DialsMavis Sun 23-Dec-12 21:27:31

I don't really understand, why didn't you just do your hair when you wanted to? confused

whatsforyou Sun 23-Dec-12 21:28:30

YANBU to want it but why didn't you just take it?

Seriously, were you both in the house with the dcs and at no point you felt you could say to him I'm just nipping upstairs now?

Is he a lazy sod or is there a bit of the martyr about you?

ifancyashandy Sun 23-Dec-12 21:28:49

And why can't you do I now they are in bed?

FeckOffCup Sun 23-Dec-12 21:29:42

Why can't you do your hair while the DCs sleep? I blow dry my hair every morning before DD gets up and it doesn't disturb her. YANBU to be annoyed at your DH for not giving you the time earlier but I agree that you need to be more proactive, tell him when you want to look after the children now so you can go and do something.

LaCiccolina Sun 23-Dec-12 21:30:03

Right, blokes nod and say yes then forget precisely what u have just said. Mines a babe but he's also fecking awful at knowing by osmosis when I feel drab. I've even had to beg for 30 mins to shower as he had no comprehension of the hassle and depression of showering fast with angry baby lying outside the shower door.

If u want/need this time u have to have it in neon flashing 6ft lights or expect it to disappear. It's often heartbreaking but at the end of it he remembers other stuff so try to be philosophical a bit. Or u will go bananas....!

wonderstuff Sun 23-Dec-12 21:33:32

I don't understand why you can't do your hair while they are in bed. I also don't get why he had to remember - what was he doing? Why couldn't you just say to him - I'm going to do my hair and hand over the baby?

apostrophethesnowman Sun 23-Dec-12 21:33:58

You should just have said "Watch the children, I'm going upstairs for a bit".

I don't understand why you can't do it now they're in bed though?

MrsJingleBells74 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:36:39

Can't do it now because the only mirror we have is in our room & the baby is in there. Not sure how it will look if I do it in the dark.

I couldn't dump the kids & go and do it as (1) I had housework to catch up on and (2) he announced he was doing some DIY with his dad & went off to fetch him & I couldn't really make a scene in front of them both. Our house has loads of DIY that need doing so couldn't really complain when he got off his arse got on with it.

OrangeLily Sun 23-Dec-12 21:38:41

Move the mirror or buy a new one.

MrsJingleBells74 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:40:59

True I could but mirror at the moment is attached to wardrobe & it's a bit late to buy a new one grin

I know I sound like I'm just creating problems, it's not really a big deal I'm just tired & grumpy & am waiting for my mum to arrive from France so can't go to bed even though I'm dying to!

apostrophethesnowman Sun 23-Dec-12 21:42:42

Awww well have a lovely time with your mum when she arrives.

whatsforyou Sun 23-Dec-12 21:43:56

Still don't see why when he said he would go and get his dad you couldn't have said 'can you just hang on 10 mins till I do my hair?' surely not that hard? hmm

BluelightsAndSirens Sun 23-Dec-12 21:44:09

Go buy another mirror and do it downstairs away from sleeping children, infact do it in the lounge and when he moans about the noise tell him to wind his neck in becau sets the first 10 minutes you have had both your hands spare.

Seriously, find time to do your hair get up earlier if needed or maybe just leave his DC with him.

marriedandwreathedinholly Sun 23-Dec-12 21:44:28

I always did my hair with the children playing near me or crying in a bouncer or moses basket as soon as they were born. Decided if I didn't it wouldn't get done and getting it done was important to me.

whatsforyou Sun 23-Dec-12 21:47:47

Just read your last post, poor you!

Take it easy till your mum gets here and let her look after you. And you need to be more directive with your dh in future. Give him the dc and disappear! grin

ceeveebee Sun 23-Dec-12 21:49:18

Don't you have a camera on your phone, just use that.

MrsJingleBells74 Sun 23-Dec-12 23:00:08

I really need a mirror as I needed to straighten my hair. I will do it tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now