Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To not babysit

(3 Posts)
WhoPutTheDickOnTheSnowman Fri 21-Dec-12 22:35:54

If I don't get to play with the new Lego set.

Huh.

I have been asked to look after my goddaughter who, I happen to know, will be getting a lush new Lego set for Christmas.
I have been informed that due to the catapault incident last year this will be hidden and I am not allowed to look for it, find it, get it down, open the box - yes, even just for a look, or play with it. They said DGD and I will have to occupy ourselves with board games, reading, a little bit of TV and bath time like normal people.

I think it is grossly unfair, mostly because they only have scrabble and it has no E's.
But also partly because I feel we were treated very harshly last year for nothing, just a little LOTR play.

It's not like I didn't tidy up and it was only by accident I led DGD to believe Welsh people are Elves.
I feel it is their own fault and if they didn't want us to use it they shouldn't have bought her a war weapon anyway. Obviously.

DGD merely mentioned our plans to retake the empire (it is Star Wars lego) but I fear she dobbed me in when I said her little brother could play but only if he was Darth Vader so we would have to use lego to make his walker the Death Star.
I was told my reasonable compromise was not allowed - but I think he would make a fine Ewok. I fear we are doomed.
Plus it's my only chance because my children are robot sci-fi not alien sci-fi - which I'm sure they get entirely from their father.

Are they being terribly, terribly unfair and boring? Should I refuse to go? Or should I go but ice all their gingerbread tree decorations to look like Stormtroopers in protest? They are gallivanting off for a piss up, I think it's only fair we get to have a bit of fun too!

Groovee Fri 21-Dec-12 22:49:28

I think they are being grossly unfair. Protest away. Can I be R2D2?

WhoPutTheDickOnTheSnowman Fri 21-Dec-12 22:57:53

Awesome! Yes please do, we need a good R2. Bwahahahaha I may even replace the angel with Darth Vader to affirm my point!

As you can see I really didn't need too much persuading...I really like Lego.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: