Talk

Advanced search

aibu to think her boyfriend shouldn't ignore me?

(8 Posts)
leopardprintjeans Fri 21-Dec-12 16:28:16

I'll try not to drip feed.

I live in a house share of 5 people. There is me and my partner, and three other women. All of them have boyfriends and we all get on well.

One roommate has her boyfriend over quite regularly. I heard them having an argument a couple of weeks ago, she got upset and came into my room and told me that he'd told her that he thinks he may have slept with someone else a year ago but he was too drunk to remember.

The only reason he'd told her was because it didn't feel normal down there. I told her that I would drive her straight over to the clinic to get tested so at least that would put her mind at ease.

Her boyfriend took her instead. I was texting her throughout to make sure she was ok. I was upstairs working, came downstairs and they were back and she was making him dinner and they were chatting as if nothing was wrong.

All really odd, but I feel it's because they've been together since such a young age that theres not much that would break them up and shes just accepted that he may or may not have slept with someone else.

However since then her boyfriend has completely ignored me. Will actively leave the room if I come in, will only just about say hi to me etc.

Brought it up with roommate and she said in a very matter of fact way, yes I doubt he'll ever speak to you again because he knows that you know.

I have never once mentioned it to her boyfriend ever. But I'm the one made to feel uncomfortable in my own house now.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Fri 21-Dec-12 16:31:03

Nice. What a gentleman. You can only hope she wises up and dumps him.

FreePeaceSweet Fri 21-Dec-12 16:31:42

You are the one person who knows what a lying cheating prick he really is. Do you really expect flowing conversation? grin

MmmnoodlesoupIsDueXmasEve Fri 21-Dec-12 16:32:41

He's an arse. Ignore him

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Fri 21-Dec-12 16:38:00

I would call him on it, something along the lines of " i don't appreciate being made to feel uncomfortable in my own home when i have done nothing wrong. I understand you are embarrassed but i have not and will not say anything so can you at least be civil to me and return some respect"

BlueberryHill Fri 21-Dec-12 16:44:59

YesIam is probably right, or you could tell everyone else then they would all know and he would never come round?

Could you talk to the roommate again and say that this is not acceptable, you are the person paying the rent and he shouldn't be treating you like that.

Sounds a lovely man, can't imagine why she would want to ditch him.

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 21-Dec-12 17:01:57

"Brought it up with roommate and she said in a very matter of fact way, yes I doubt he'll ever speak to you again because he knows that you know."
You need to speak to her again. Put the point to her - do you think it is fair that I am made to feel uncomfortable IN MY OWN HOME? Yes or No? Unless she's a complete bitch, she'll have to say no, it's not fair. Then you can ask her to either tell him to get a grip have a word with him about behaving properly, or that she please goes round to his instead of him coming to hers/yours. Point out that either way, you expect her to fix it. Her boyfriend, her problem, you refuse to allow it to be your problem.

Justforlaughs Fri 21-Dec-12 17:08:50

I'd be more inclined to point out that people are more likely to suspect that something is amiss (and therefore find out what he has done) if he acts like this than if he just gets on with life. You are not going to tell the world what happened, but equally you are not prepared to lie when people do (as they will) ask why he is acting like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: