Talk

Advanced search

To think that it's not a memory stick if you have to pay a yearly subscription

(3 Posts)
YesIamYourSisterInLaw Fri 21-Dec-12 14:51:03

Just been to buy an ipadmini and the saleswoman offered me starter package that was on a deal. The deal was a case and iCloud. Being an apple virgin I asked what cloud is and she just explained that as you can't buy memory sticks for apple products the iCloud is just a memory stick. Great I though so I paid, walked out and then read to back of the pack to see you have to renew it yearly. Am I old fashioned in thinking that a memory stick is something you own and you don't have to keep paying for or risk loosing all your extra photos etc.

YesIamYourSisterInLaw Fri 21-Dec-12 14:51:53

The not to

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 21-Dec-12 14:57:31

You may have misunderstood the sales person. iCloud is just a back up for your data, it's not like a memory stick. It means that if you lose or break your iPad and you have stored your pictures or whatever on iCloud, then when you get a new device it can easily be re installed.

You can't take your paid for iCloud storage and put it into anyone's iPad like you could with a memory stick and a PC.

I have iCloud storage, but I didn't know I would have to renew it, not unless I want to store more stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now