Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that 'agony' is not the right word for this situation

(20 Posts)
Northernlurker Thu 20-Dec-12 14:24:17

Link here sorry it is a Mail link.
It's a piece by Lowri Turner about how it will be an 'agony' to wake up without her dcs on Christmas Day. This is because she's divorced and they're at their dads and she gets them back in the afternoon.

Now yes this is going to be horrid for her and I would hate it myself, desperately BUT it's not an agony is it? Agony is what April Jones' parents will feel at Christmas, it's what the Sandy Hook praents will feel, it's what any parent who had lost a child must feel. AIBU to think that if she must make money from her personal saga that she should think on a bit?

(I know aibu for reading the trash at all - but it's been a bad, bad day!)

manicinsomniac Thu 20-Dec-12 14:26:47

No, it's not agony. But how often do we talk or read about being devestated, starving, depressed, ecstatic or many other very emotive words when we really just mean a bit sad, hungry or pleased.

Slightly inaccurate use of vocabulary but no big deal really

SugaricePlumFairy Thu 20-Dec-12 14:27:07

Lowri Turner is a mahoosive pain in the arse, I cannot bear her!

She's so upset she's sold her heartache to the Mail, pass me the sick bucket Mavis!

mellowcat Thu 20-Dec-12 14:27:26

Not read it but it sounds as though YANBU.

valiumredhead Thu 20-Dec-12 14:30:36

I'd find it agony or whatever the correct vocal is. The point she is making is that it will be very very hard.

valiumredhead Thu 20-Dec-12 14:30:48

vocab

Theicingontop Thu 20-Dec-12 14:31:17

Yeah she's also horrified that her mixed race child isn't the same colour pale as her. The woman can do one.

MerylStrop Thu 20-Dec-12 14:32:11

She's only going to be without them until tea time
She organised it herself
Agony? No. A bit crappy, perhaps. And at least she can console herself with the pointless navel-gazing unenlightening article she's managed to sell.

wifey6 Thu 20-Dec-12 14:35:29

I must admit I was surprised 'agony' was used for the story. No, it can't be easy to wake up without your children on Christmas day due to divorce...but some of us won't have all our precious children with us due to them passing away. Now..that is agony.
For all those parents in the US who will wake up everyday without their children..that's true agony.
Sorry..rant over.

hiviolet Thu 20-Dec-12 14:48:27

Lowri Turner is a poisonous twat.

One, for being perturbed that her half Indian daughter isn't blonde like her (funny that, my half Indian daughter isn't blonde like me either) and two for continually referring to herself as a twin when she's a triplet (the other sister is severely disabled IIRC).

WeWilsonAMerryChristmas Thu 20-Dec-12 14:54:47

Is that right Violet? That's disgusting!

Cannot bear her.

bradywasmyfavouritewiseman Thu 20-Dec-12 15:08:26

when I flew to the us in 2004 she had written a piece for the in flight mag giving tips for flying with kids.
All usual stuff. Bring colouring books, toys, snacks etc.

Right st the end she wrote ' if all else fails give them a massive dose of phengren or even just Calpol, order a drink and enjoy a quite flight while the kids sleep.'

I don't know if i was more horrified that she wrote it or that they published it.

She is a twat that will say anything to get her face in the paper.

akaemmafrost Thu 20-Dec-12 15:09:44

I was about to say well I am experiencing similar so kind of feel for her till I read that post about her sister, what a twat! shock

MerylStrop Thu 20-Dec-12 15:20:07

I do feel for anyone who is not going to be with their children at Christmas. I know I would hate it.

BUT They're going to be back home for tea!
She will see them on Christmas day!
She gets a lie in!

(disproportionately irritated)

Nancy66 Thu 20-Dec-12 15:20:46

she is a twin - and a triplet.

NatashaBee Thu 20-Dec-12 15:21:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pantomimedam Thu 20-Dec-12 15:29:00

Oh, she's massively irritating. Wish I could just write 1,000 words of old bollocks loosely based on my own life instead of actually having to do my job properly...

Northernlurker Thu 20-Dec-12 16:22:16

i FELT FOR HER SITUATION, JUST DIDN'T EMBRACE HER LANGUAGE. NOW i'VE READ THOSE OTHER BOTS ABOUT HER i'M EVEN LESS FEELING THE LOVE FOR HER!

Northernlurker Thu 20-Dec-12 16:22:28

Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now